Chapter 31

"Let's calm down, baby..." Slowly, I approached her.

I thought she was gonna snap at me again but her eyes looked so tired. I held her shoulder and gently, I pushed her towards my body.

I enveloped her into a hug and I could feel how she was breathing so heavily. I caressed her back and her hair gently.

"Shhh, I'm here. I'll always be here hmmm..." I whispered to her lovingly.

Slowly, I felt her slender arms trying to hug my waist too. I could feel how her breathing calmed down and so am I.

We remain like that for how long I don't know. I kissed her head repeatedly, making sure that she doesn't feel alone in this situation.

She lightly pushed and that's my signal to let go of her. Kaya naman, unti-unti ay pinakawalan ko siya, but my hands remained at the small of her back.

She looked up to me and I almost lost my mind the way she looked at me. She looks so lost and vulnerable, like she was so exhausted. I gasped when tears started streaming down her face silently.

"Baby...what's the problem? Hmmm..." I caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears away.

Fuck that! Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng kakaibang kaba sa aking dibdib. My hands are slightly shaking too and so is my insides are trembling out of fear.

"I-Im...tired...Gaston..." She was shaking as she spoke. And her eyes...suddenly...looked so dead.

"Hmmm, then shall we rest? Have you eaten your dinner?" I carefully asked.

But my fear consumed me as soon as I realized what she wanted to do now...Tuluyan akong napasinghap sa sariling naisip. No...It can't be. She is not fucking thinking of it now. It can't fucking be. Mas lalong nanginig ang kalamnan ko.

"I'm here. Let's rest together. Samahan kita, okay?"

The dead look in her eyes made me fear life more than ever.

I waited for her to respond until she slowly nodded her head. Hindi ko alam kung makakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sagot niya.

"Okay...sa kwarto mo tayo, okay?" I gently asked her again. I was trying so hard to make my voice as firm as possible.

We both went into her room. She laid down in her single bed facing me while I kneeled on her floor to look at her. I placed her blanket just near her hips and then opened her electric fan.

Her eyes remained looking at me as I did all of it. I also made sure that I locked her door properly at muli akong bumalik sa kwarto niya. I looked for an extra blanket and pillow at may nahanap naman ako sa cabinet niya.

Inayos ko iyo sa lapag habang nanatili ang mariing tingin niya sa akin. She looks so scared.

"Should I turn off the lights?" I asked gently after fixing my makeshift bed.

"Yes, please. She faintly responded.

I turn off the lights and her room is still well lit because of the street light. I made my way to my bed. I kneeled again in front of her and slowly caressed her cheeks. I could clearly see her face and he dilated eyes.

"Please sleep well. Hindi ako aalis, I'll just be here right beside you." I reminded her again like it's the most important words to her now.

"Okay..."

Nakahinga ulit ako ng maluwag sa sagot niya. I nodded then I gently laid down in my bed.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, scenes flooded my mind. Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko ng makaradam ako ng kirot doon.