Chapter 10

There were around eight of us inside the company van. Carmella and I were seated at the back at dalawa lang kami ang naroon.

"Everything settled in there?" Mrs. Ramirez checked on us.

"Opo." We answered both.

"Okay." She looked in front. "Manong, pwede na po tayong umalis."

Because we didn't bring any things with us, the space between us is very wide. It's so wide that it's making me uncomfortable. I want to sit closer to her. I swallowed hard trying to find my courage that I don't have.

We just both looked at the window, paminsan-minsan naman ay nagnanakaw naman ako ng tingin. Before we got out of Metro, we stopped at a fast food drive thru.

"May gusto ba kayong meryenda? Late tayo mag lulunch mamaya" Mr. Gilbert, one of the electrical engineers of the company asked us.

"I'm fine, Sir. I have snacks with me, Sir." I politely responded.

"Meron na rin po akong snacks na dala." Carmella responded next.

There is no other customers in the drive thru kaya naging mabilis na lang kami. They ordered snacks at umalis na rin kaagad. I want to sleep, but I can't, hindi ako mapakali and I can't even breathe properly.

We started having our snacks. I opened my paper bag that was supposed for the both of us but she wont accept it. There is coffee for me and milk chocolate for her. I brought a breakfast sandwich and cookies. I also added mixed peanuts.

I started eating and looked at her. She remained in her seat looking at the window. We are now all eating at siya na lang ang hindi, I thought hindi pa siya nakakapag breakfast? And it's almost 9:30.

I looked at her things and realized that the paper bag that contained her food wasn't here. She only has her small shoulder bag. Did she forget it inside the building? In the lobby? I looked at her side and I couldn't really see her paper bag! Naiwan niya nga talaga.

I stopped eating. I breathed in deeply before adjusting next to her, with enough space for us of course. I can do this.

"You want some?" I asked carefully as I gave her the paper bag.

She looked at me. Our eyes met and she almost took my breath away, her pair of eyes is really gorgeous. Nakapanghihina at nakakahalina.

"You are gorgeous…" I breathily said out of nowhere.

I saw her blushed as she looked away. "You're saying nonsense again."

I smirked. "Well, I really like you so it's normal if I compliment you." Now, take that Carmella.

Bumalik ang matalim na tingin niya sa akin. "Stop saying it, Gaston." She said almost whispering, scared to be caught talking.

Mas lalong lumawak ang ngisi sa aking labi. "Why? You don't want to hear me saying that I like you anymore? Well, I am in love with you but I just do not want to rush you. So which one do you prefer?

Her eyes panicked looking at me and her mouth hung open. Just how adorable of her to react like this.

"STOP." She emphasized more and looked at the employees in front of us but they were busy eating and talking, she was really afraid that they might hear our conversation.

Her cheeks flared up more. Pero hindi niya ako mapipigilan. She can't stop what I'm feeling towards her.

"You forgot your paper bag at the building?" I asked instead.

Umiwas na siya ng tingin sa akin. "Hindi. Hindi pa ako gutom."

Of course, she will lie. But I am concerned with her health so she can't do anything about it either. If I need to use force then I will use force, just for her to eat.