Chapter 21

We stayed in the farm until noon. I just stared at her as she took photos using my DSLR. Nanatili akong nakaupo sa nakalatag na kumot namin. She took her time taking photos hanggang sa bigla niyang tinutok sa akin ang camera. I lowkey smiled and posed.

Ng malapit lumubog ang araw ay umalis na kami. We both fixed our things neatly, pagkatapos ay linagay ko na to likod ng jeep. She is holding her blue roses like it was the most precious thing she has ever received).

Nakakainggit. Kailan niya ako titigan ng ganyan at mahahawakan ng ganoon?

"Everything is ready?" I asked as I started the jeep.

She nodded and so I manoeuvred the car. Our ride was comfortable and the view with the settling sun was just heavenly.

We had our dinner at the resto at naglibut saglit sa villa. Afterwhich, it is already nine and our day is finished. Nakasimangot akong sumakay sa helicopter. That was fast, I don't want to end it yet but we have work tomorrow. Ang tanging nagpapalubag na lamang ng loob ko ay ang pagkikita namin bukas sa trabaho.

I should be fine. Magkikita naman kami bukas.

We travelled for around thirty minutes hanggang sa nakarating kami sa rooftop. She looks so happy holding the blue roses while we are riding the elevator. Nakarating kami sa baba at kaagad na may lumapit sa amin na valet.

He handed me the key to my car at nasa entrance na ang sasakyan ko. I opened the  car door for her.

"Wala ka ng nakalimutan?" I asked her again.

"Wala na." She surely said and closed her door.

Wala ng traffic at nakarating kami kaagad sa harap ng apartment niya. Pinagbuksan ko siya at kaagad rin siyang bumaba.

I closed her door and faced her fully. I looked at her softly and breathed in deeply. Ayaw ko pang matapos ang araw na to.

"See you tomorrow?" I asked her carefully.

Lumalim ang tingin niya sa akin. I almost lost my breath with the way she looked at me. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this light after what happened today. The atmosphere between us became so much lighter. Maybe because she finally opened up something personal to me? That I finally had the glimpse of her life?

Huminga siya ng malalim bago magsalita. "We will be staying in Bulacan for a week according to Mrs. Ramirez."

She looked at me like she was waiting for my questionable reaction and of course I did.

"A week? Bat ang tagal? And why did you agree?" I burst out in front of her.

She looked at me carefully. "Of course, papayag ako. She is my boss. And I am excited to further explore the power plants too."

Bumuga ako ng malalim na hininga at napapikit. This should be fine. She is excited and I should let her experience these things, hindi naman sa akin umiikot ang mundo niya. Heck! I don't even know if she sees me as part of her world.

Umiwas siya ng tingin sa akin. "But...we can call each other everyday? I mean...If you only want to."

I was quite shock with her suggestion. Never have I imagined her initiating things like this. Akala ko magmamakaawa pa ako sa kanya kung pwede ko ba siyang tawagan sa limang araw na wala siya ditol

"We will call each other everyday?" Mahina ngunit manghang tanong ko sa kanya. My eyes were probably glittering with excitement and amazement as I looked at her.

She swallowed hard and slowly nodded her head. "After dinner? Bago...tayo matulog?" She licked her lips and I could clearly see her reddening cheeks.

I smirked at her. "So my Carmella wanted late night talks now, huh?" I teased her but she only glared at me.