Chapter 25

That night. I couldn't sleep well. I tossed my body around my bed and still can't find the urge to sleep. I looked at my ceiling and remembered her scar again. It is too clear for me and there's no mistake that it is indeed a scar.

My breath hitched on my way of thinking of what she is doing now. Images flooded my mind of her and her scar. Huminga ako ng malalim at napahawak sa aking sentido.

It's fine, Gaston. Her wounds are already healed and it means she's not doing it anymore.

I thought I'm gonna convince myself but I ended up getting my phone on my bed cabinet and look at the time. I can't sleep thinking about her situation right now, I need to see that she is fine. I need to hear her voice and confirm that she is doing fine...that she is not hurting herself.

It is almost 12. Tomorrow is the weekend and on Monday would be my Mom's birthday. I dialled her number hoping for some miracle that she is still awake.

Two rings and she answered my call. I got breathless as soon as I heard her voice.

"Why are you calling at this hour? May problema ka ba?" She was concerned.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng marinig ang boses niyang walang bakas ng kung ano man ang pumapasok sa isipan ko.

"Hmmm, did I wake you up?" I asked with my loving voice. I sounded so husky and low.

"No. I'm doing some advance reading. Malapit na tayong may klase." She interestedly responded.

Mas lalo akong nakahinga ng maluwag sa sagot niya. "I wanna see you please...let's have some midnight snacks."

I got out of my bed and started redying myself. "I'll come to your place. Just wait for me." Then I ended the call.

She will say no but I need to see her now. I got my baseball cap and my sweater. I wore a plain white shirt, black pants and shoes. I got my keys and quickly got in the parking lot. I was supposed to start my car when I received a text from her.

Baby:
Drive safely, please...

I smiled upon reading her text. She didn't say no but I think she just realized that I am determined to see her tonight.

I drove to a 24/7 pizza place and got some pizzas and fries. Afterwhich, I drove to her apartment, which took only a few minutes 'cause there was no traffic. I stopped my car on the side of their fence.

I got out with the food in my hand as I called her. I looked at her apartment then she came out.

"Wait for me." Then she ended the call.

I stood next to their gate and patiently waited for her. She is already on her jammies but my eyes quickly notice how she is wearing a short sleeve top. My eyes automatically went to her wrist and she is wearing her huge scrunchie again.

I bit my lip when realization hit me. That is probably the reason why she is always wearing her long sleeves, and if she is not on her long sleeves, she is either wearing her huge scrunchie. She wanted to hide it away, away from people's sight.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago niya tuluyang mabuksan ang gate nila.

"Why? Do you have any problems?" Her voice was still laced with concern as she approached me.

I wanted to bitterly laugh at her question. I wanted to ask her that. I wanted to ask that question to her very badly. More than I wanted if she wanted my kisses or if she is already my girlfriend. I wanted to ask her if she is okay, if she has problems.

I know traumas won't heal that fast. And she is still probably suffering from it right now. But I need to stop myself.

"Nothing...I just wanted to see you." I lovingly answered. My cap hid away my teary eyes, feeling pressured by her situation right now.