Chapter 7

We still have about an hour to wait. I opened my PC and settled my things on my table, afterwhich, I looked at her as she went to refill her water bottle.

My mouth hung open as I just noticed that she is wearing a white dress with ruffles on her shoulder. I could clearly see her arms and scrunchie on her wrist, and oh god! She looked like a goddess in that white outfit.

Iniwas ko na ang titig sa kanya ng bumalik na siya sa lamesa. I felt the lump on my throat as I looked at her again, she is really unbelievably gorgeous. The only thing that stops men from approaching her is her cold stares, 'cause literally, you are a few feet away from her and you would see how coldly ruthless her almond eyes were. She is good at drawing her boundaries.

I got my phone instead and reminded Jess of our lunch and snacks this afternoon.

Minutes passed more at wala kaming imikan pareho. It wasn't an uncomfortable and uneasy silence though, it is comfortable and I hope she feels the same too.

The clock struck and we decided to go to the conference room. I opened the door for her and there were few people already in there, the executives and some of the presenters.

"Good morning, Sir!" They greeted as soon as they saw me.

"Good morning too!" I smiled at them warmly.

"Dito na po kayo umupo." One of the employees offered me the center chair but I refused.

"No. I am here as an intern." I politely refused.

Papa will be here soon and since I am just an intern, I'll be sitting with Carmalle on the side.

Pareho kaming umupo sa may gilid. I can tell that the atmosphere has become more serious as I entered the room, it is fine though. Papa is strict and I am not the CEO yet, they can still chill but most of them looked so uncomfortable already despite my bright aura.

We waited for a few minutes and the door opened. Papa entered the room looking so serious with the other executives.

"Good morning, Mr. President!" They greeted him as they stood up from their seats.

Kaagad na nagtama ang mga tingin namin. I smiled at him as he looked at me warmly. Lumapit siya sa akin at tumayo na rin ako.

He gave me a hug and patted me on the back.  Humiwalay siya sa akin kalaunan.

"Your Mom is asking for your presence again at home." His voice demanded.

He might be serious looking but he is soft inside. Lalo na kapag pagdating kay Mama.

Nalipat ang tingin niya kay Carmella sa aking tabi. I looked at Carmella besides me who remained sitting looking at me.

"Uhmmm Pa, this is Carmella, she is an intern here."

She stood up and greeted my father. "Good morning po." She plainly said.

My father smiled a little bit at her. "Good morning too, Iha. So I assumed you are an electrical engineering student too, Iha?"

Kaagad na tumango si Carmella. "Third year engineering student po." She added.

She doesn't seem nervous as they talk, while other people will be shaking off from too much nervousness just from starting a conversation with Papa.

"Would you like to work here for your summer, Iha?" Papa offered.

I looked at her as she looked at my father with amazement. Oh God! I've never been this thankful that I am part of this family, of this company. She really likes it here!