Chapter 19

My days continued just like that. Papasok ako maghapon sa kompanya at bibisita sa kanya pagkatapos, pero hanggang ngayon, hanggang gate palang nila ako.

I am just so eager for Sunday to come. And by Monday too 'cause she will start working in the company. Although it is already Saturday, at bukas na ang lakad namin.

I am watching her as she serves another table and I'll drive her home right after, last day na rin niya ngayon dito. After that, she will work in the company all throughout the break.

"Matutunaw na naman si Ada, Gaston." Peter smirked at me.

Tinaasan ko lamang siya ng kilay. We are the only two at our table, drinking. Hindi naman kami maglalasing at nandito lang talaga ako para mabantayan siya.

I looked at Peter seriously and remembered Gunner's words to me. She is her brother, her step brother.

Huminga ako ng malalim. "You know that I love her, right?" I asked critically, trying to find a connection between her and him.

He looked at her too. And now thinking of it, Peter never looked at her with malice. It's so obvious that he doesn't have any intention to her.

Actually, isa siya? Or tanging siya lamang ang kilala ko na hindi nagpakita ng intensyon kay Carmella.

"Of course, I knew it from the very start. You are an asshole but you never looked at others the way you look at her." He breathily said while still looking at her.

Umiwas ako ng tingin ng bumaling siya sa akin. My curiosity is killing me already. I badly wanted to ask this topic to both of them but I do not have the right to do that. I am worried for her, and Peter is my friend. And the fact that she is living alone right now says a lot about what her current situation is.

I wanted to do my investigation, but I do not want to know her stories that way, I wanted her to personally tell me everything.

Kaya wala akong magagawa kung hindi ang maghintay. I need to patiently wait for her.

Huminga ako ng malalim at muling linagok ang baso ng alak sa harapan ko.

"Mama and Pauline will finally stay here in the country for her college." He suddenly blurted out.

I wanted to ask about his parent's relationship but I stopped myself. Peter never opened up to me the reason why his parents are not okay, but I think I have an idea now.

"Dito mag aaral si Pauline?" I asked instead.

Tumango siya sa akin. "Yes, she will start college here next school year, but they will be coming home around the start of our second sem. She will take electrical engineering too." He smiled a little bit.

Napahinga ako ng malalim. For some reason, his statement made me uncomfortable. I hope things won't get complicated soon, and I hope my Camella won't be in between. Ayoko siyang mahirapan.

"Kanina ka pa naghihintay?" She asked as she fixed her seatbelt.

I looked at her and smiled. "No, and...Peter kept me entertained."

I looked at her reaction as I mentioned his name, and for a second, she stared out of nowhere then looked at me.

I manoeuvred the car and then she started throwing me questions. Mabuti na lang at wala ng masyadong sasakyan sa hating gabi.

"He is your friend, right?" Her eyes were glued on the window car now.

I tried slowing down. "Yeah, he's a great friend." I chuckled at the end.

"I know...he is great…" She whispered but enough for me to hear it.

I swallowed hard 'cause I could definitely feel her sudden changes of atmosphere.