EPILOGUE

Note: Thank you very much for reading Gaston and Carmella's story. This will be the last chapter and I'm gonna be writing next the POV of Sadro with Loving Alexandria Martin. But I'm gonna be taking a one week break as usual before getting back with it. Hope you will support it.

Maraming salamat po!

"What about your trip to the U.S this month, August?"

"It's 'we'…you'll come with me of course." Papa demanded.

I looked at my parents as they planned their business trips.

Mom made a face. "No. If it's in Asian countries, then sasama ako." Dad looked at her pleadingly, but Moms face remained too serious.

"Ma…Pa…" Mom and Dad both looked at me as I called them out during one of our dinners. 

I looked at them seriously. Huminga ako ng malalim at binaba ang hawak kong kubyertos.

"Ma, Pa...I'm gonna be pursuing psychology." With conviction and all seriousness, I informed them about my future plan.

And as expected. They both looked shocked as they looked at each other, then back to me.

"Anak...what is this all about? What about industrial engineering?" Mom asked, almost panicking. But Papa held her hand on the table.

"Can I take Psychology, instead? I had a change of heart. I want to become a Doctor." I casually responded.

Mom cleared her throat while Dad remained looking at me seriously. "Why the sudden change then...hindi ka naman namin pinagbabawalan pero…"

I swallowed hard as I felt the lump on my throat. I avoided their gazes then just looked at my almost empty plate.

"I...I just like it...It caught my interest." Pagsasawalang bahala ko kahit alam ko ang rason ng lahat ng ito.

That night, that dinner. They didn't have the choice but to support me. They didn't question me further.

That is why, I became active as a volunteer and I also became an organiser for free counselling around the metro and nearby provinces. It became my passion...and it's all because of her.

Mom and Dad watched me do it all. Hindi sila nagsalita. Hindi nila ako pinigilan. They even started donating to different institutions concerning mental health issues just to support what I love. But I could tell that they are not convinced with my reason at all.

"Anak…" I heard a knock and my Mom's voice outside of my door. We just finished dinner and I came home today for the weekend.

I opened the door for her. I looked at her eyes as she looked at me worriedly.

"Anak...can we talk?" Her teary eyes told me that something is bothering her. No. She's been looking at me like this starting that day. She is worried and I feel bad because it's all about me.

Unti-unti akong tumango. We headed to my balcony as we both stared at the full moon above us.

She cleared her throat and so I looked at her. "May problema ka ba, nak?" She asked me carefully and gave me an unsure smile.

"Wala po." I answered her. And of course I am lying. I know what the problem is.

But I am probably the problem here. 'Cause up until I feel useless. Utterly useless.

She stepped forward and caressed my face. She looked at me with concern and teary eyes.

"Anak naman...Mama mo ako...alam ko may problem ka…" This time she cried and held my shirt tightly.