Chapter 27

Her eyes remained surprised, but eventually she looked down. She is shaking too.

I clenched my jaw hard. What an asshole father!

This is my fault. Kung hindi ko siya pinilit ngayon na pumunta, wala sanang mangyayari ngayon na ganito. I should have listened to her in the first place.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago unti-unting lumapit sa kanya.

"I'm sorry…It's my fault." I consumed our distance as there was only a few inches of distance between our shoes.

She remained looking down and slowly, I pulled her into a tight hug. Her arms quickly tighten in my waist. And soon, I heard her sobs.

Fuck!

I clenched my jaw hard. I could feel my anger rising as she sobbed more in my chest. My insides are shaking out of anger.

What a dipshit father he is! He doesn't deserve Carmella, or his twin brother. He abandoned them with knowledge of their situation. He is my father's friend but I won't blink an eye if I run out of patience.

I tried controlling my anger as she tightened her hug. But if I found out the reason why Carmella had done something terrible to herself, I will fucking do everything in my power to find those people. Mananagut ang lahat.

Huminga ako ng malalim. I softly caressed her hair and kissed the top of her head repeatedly.

I let her cry in my chest. To pour her heavy feelings to me. "I'm here…I'll always be here with you." I whispered to her.

She is still shaking a bit but she is calmer now. Hanggang sa kusa na siyang kumawala sa akin.

I renewed my hold on her as I caressed both of her cheeks.

"Do you wanna go home? We could go home now, hmmm?" I asked gently.

Kaagad siyang umiling. Napahinga ako ng malalim.

I then held her hand and pulled her towards the private elevator. There were not many people here and we were able to ride it without no one noticing. The venue is ours and I could access the rooftop for us.

I removed my coat and placed it properly on her exposed shoulder. My hands remained intertwined on her as she remained looking down.

The elevator opened and the wide city lights welcomed us. Hoping that the fresh air and silent night would calm her a little bit.

Inakay ko siya hanggang sa makarating kami sa dulo. We both placed our hands on the high fence as we both looked out at the wild city life of the metro.

"I'll keep to myself whatever I heard in there…And I'm not going to force you to explain to me what happened."

She looked at me and I looked at her too.

Her eyes looked so vulnerable and I hated it so much. I greeted my teeth. I'd rather see her cold and distant eyes. Not this one.

Kahit sa panaginip ko ayaw ko siyang makita na ganito. Not even in my imagination.

We stayed just like that for how long I don't know. Until she slowly speaks her words.

She licked her lips then gaze at the tall buildings in front of us. "He-he doesnt accept me or my twin brother…P-Peter is the only one who accepted us."

Her voice broke in the end. My heart started beating so wild and all I wanna do is run to the venue and fucking punch his father.

It hurts a lot seeing her like this!

"Mom is nowhere to be found…and my aunt and uncle are the only ones who supported me and my twin."

She breathed in deeply like she was reminiscing about the darkest part of her life.