Special Chapter

"Calyx, please be careful." I shouted as he plays in the kiddie pool.

"I'm fine, Mama." He shouted kahit na nasa malapit lang naman ako nakabantay sa kanya.

It is almost 5 in the afternoon and he's been swimming for 30 minutes now. I sat in the lounger chair as I looked at my surroundings, then my vision stopped right in the house. The house is too big for us three, and so is the lot. Pwedeng-pwede pang magpatayo ng bahay sa lahat ng direksyon nito kung sakali.

And the pool in front of me was wide too. There is one for adults and one for kids. There is also a jacuzzi on it. Calyx missed the blue seas of La Union, that is why he decided to go swimming today.

After our wedding, the wedding in the church which happened just a week ago. Gaston surprised me with a new home. And of course, kasama na namin si Calyx ngayon. Tito and Tita decided to continue living in La Union even though we offered them to live with us. And Gaston even offered them a new house and lot just in the neighbourhood which shocked them as well, and of course they both rejected it.

Kaya naman napagdesisyonan na lamang nila na dalasan ang dalaw sa amin dito, o kaya naman ay kami na lamang ang dadalaw sa kanila.

"Mama, look at me!" Nabalik ulit ang tingin ko kay Calyx habang sinusubukan nitong lumangoy ng maayos.

Napangiti na lamang ako. I wanna swim too pero mamaya na lamang.

Gaston is in the company right now at nagkaroon lamang ng emergency meeting. We are still on our vacation but we just decided to stay at home, just the three of us. Gaston didn't like the idea at first because he wanted to have our honeymoon outside the country but the expensive wedding that we had made me say 'no'. Tama na iyon.

And the house is huge. Para ka ngang nasa ibang bansa sa sobrang modernito nito. And our gardens and landscapes feel like you are not in the country too.

I can't clean all of it all alone at kukuha na lamang kami ng katulong pagkatapos ng bakasyon namin. We have one house helper for now. She is Aling Sally and she's been taking care of Gaston since he was a child. She is quite old now but she moves like she didn't age at all.

And Calyx will start studying here too. While Gaston isn't really forcing me to stay at home and stopped working, I am kinda thinking of things now. Calyx will live with us and I don't think I could just trust anyone with him, I wanted to be by his side and do normal things for him.

At ganon rin kay Gaston. And if ever we ever have a child, I just wanna stay by his or her side too.

So I am really thinking about things now.

"Okay time is up. Let's go and take a bath, Calyx." Kaagad naman itong umahon sa pool at lumapit sa akin.

We entered the house again while he was wrapped in a huge towel. At kahit ilang beses ko atang makita ang kabuuan ng bahay ay nalulula pa rin ako. It is a combination of glass and premium hardwood. The grand staircase was made of hard words and the huge glass chandelier just made the living room more extravagant than ever.

I was helping Calyx with his clothes when I received a message from Gaston.

Gaston:
Baby. My meeting was extended up until 9. We will have a dinner meeting. I'm so sorry.

I am fine with it. Kaagad naman akong nagtipa ng sagot.

Ako:
It's fine. Calyx and I will have our dinner first. Be careful driving all the way home.

Ibabalik ko na sana ito sa bulsa ko ng muli itong tumunog.

Gaston:
I love you.

Hindi ko alam pero namumula pa rin ako kapag naririnig ko ito sa kanya. O kahit nababasa ko kagaya na lamang ngayon and I could even hear his voice as I read it.