Chapter 26

Her eyes are a little bit shaky, probably overwhelmed by the numbers of media. I intertwined our fingers and I felt her holding my hands tightly.

Fuck! Never knew holding hands could make me feel this great! I should do this more often to her.

"Don't worry. I've got my hand sanitizers here." I showed her my mini alcohol and she couldn't help herself but laughed a little bit.

We walked at the entrance and saw Mom greeting visitors as they entered the venue.

"She is your Mom, right?" She hesitantly asked.

Now, I could feel her nervousness as she gripped my hand tighter.

"Yes, she is. Let's go."

I guided her as we walked through the door. Mom and Dad quickly noticed us, I saw how surprised she was while looking at us.

We made it in front of them at mas lalong namangha si Mama.

"Ma...This is Carmella, and I am currently courting her." I proudly said.

"Oh God...Hi! Carmella. I am very eager to finally be able to meet you, Iha!" She quickly pulled Carmella into a hug as her eyes glittered with excitement.

"Happy birthday, Ma'am---"

"Oh! Don't call me Ma'am! Call me Tita already. It's an honour to finally meet my son's love interest. You do not know how much you impacted his life, Iha. You're the miracle I've been waiting for!"

Carmella went red with my Mom's statements. I need to interrupt their conversation.

"Mom…"

Mom looked at me and she got what I meant.

"Okay…okay. I'll calm down."

"Iha, nice to you again." Papa interjected as well.

"Good eve po, Sir President." Carmella greeted him formally.

"You can call me Tito too, but just use whatever makes you comfortable." Papa smiled at her warmly.

Carmella was shocked for a little bit but  slowly nodded her head.

"We'll go inside. Let's just talk at our table."

We bid our goodbyes and entered the venue. I heard her gasp as soon as we entered the venue. I mean who wouldn't?

I personally asked Mom if she would like to decorate the whole ceiling with hanging roses with different colours and she agreed to do so.

"It's too pretty, Gaston." She excitedly whispered at me.

I smiled at her warmly. I'm glad she likes it so much. I hope these roses could make her more comfortable all throughout the event.

We slowly walked into our seats as she looked so mesmerized looking at the design of the whole venue.

We settled in our seats after. This is my family's table and we are in front. While my cousins would probably be just right besides us too.

I looked around and saw Gunner already with his family. He smirked at me then glanced at Carmella just right beside me. He then talked to his parents for a little bit and he started walking in our direction.

"You must be Carmella. Gaston--"

"Stop calling her Carmella, call her Ada." I interjected as he sat right in front of us.

My brows furrowed as I looked at him irritatingly. I hate it so much when someone calls her Carmella. Ako lang dapat.

He raised his brow at me, then looked at Carmella again.