three.

I returned home after we hiked back down. Lando offered me to bring me home but I refused. He didn't need to know that I was living in one of the most expensive buildings.
He thought I was a tourist, not the daughter of a millionaire.

I tried to be as quiet as I could, my dad probably wasn't very happy that I diched the event, again.

"Where have you been all day?" he said as soon as I closed the door. Fuck, he was literally waiting for me to get home.

I tried to be as casual as possible. "I was out with a friend" he had no reason to suspect I was lying but he probably didn't like the fact that I diched the sponsor event of our company.

He chuckled a little, shaking his head. "I expect you to be there tomorrow" He didn't even look at me, he was busy typing something on his phone.

"Tomorrow?" I sighed. I wasn't ready for another boring event. Why did I always have to be there too? I knew the answer though, he wanted me to take over the company in a few years but that was exactly what I didn't want.

He looked up from his phone, for a quick second before looking back down. "We're invited by Ferrari" he quickly said. "so be on your best behaviour please" Best behaviour. As if I was a child.

"I'm definitely planning on making a scene" I said as I walked passed him. "I like being a little brat" Lando would be proud that I used his words. He obviously used it in a jokingly manner, but I definitely wasn't joking right now.

———————

I was late, again. My dad already left without me but he was nice enough to leave my paddock pass behind.
I walked as quickly as I could through the streets of Monaco, once again I decided to wear a dress and sneakers. My Dior sunglasses were covering my eyes.

I arrived at the track only a couple of minutes later. I walked to the paddock entrance and looked around.

How did this thing even work?

"Fancy seeing you here" A familiar British voice said behind me. I was probably blocking the way a little as I was trying to figure out how these damn things worked.

Lando grabbed my hand, it was a soft touch, almost as he was afraid to touch me. "You just scan it here" he said as he scanned my pass. "Noa" he looked at the screen that showed my name and picture.
I didn't even realize I never told him my name.

I waited for him to scan his pass and walk in as well. "Lando" I said as if I didn't stalk his Instagram all night.

He chuckled a little. "So are you visiting your boyfriend or something?" he asked as he was fiddling with his paddock pass a little.

"No, Ferrari invited me." I said casually. They didn't really invite me, but again, I wasn't ready to explain.

He nodded. "Oh so you're a big deal" he nudged me playfully. No Lando, I wasn't but my dad definitely was. Unfortunately

"So this is where we go our separate ways" he said as he stopped in the middle of the paddock. I looked around, we were standing between the Mclaren and Ferrari hospitality. "If you ever need saving...you know where to find me" he pointed at the Mclaren hospitality, as if it wasn't obvious already.

"Bye Noa" he said as if he just discovered my biggest secret. I rolled my eyes at him which he returned with a cheeky wink.

Now on to face my dad. He was probably too distracted to actually notice I arrived. I quickly walked in the hospitality and straight to the VIP section.
As expected my dad was talking to some other guys, I didn't even know who they were or what they did.
Why did I had to come with him again?

"Did your old man drag you here again?" Someone said as he placed his hand on my back.

I quickly turned around but I already knew who it was. I would recognize that voice everywhere. It was Charles, or as I called him, the prince of Monaco.

"Unfortunately" I sighed. "But it's good to see you again. I missed you" I said as I wrapped my arms around him.
I knew him since I was little as we both grow up in Monaco. We used to spend a lot of time together, a lot of drunk times and a lot of intimate moments as well.
The latter, of course, was a consequence of the second.

"I missed you too princess" he whispered as he was hugging me. The prince and princess of Monaco. Yeah we were lame like that.

I was proud of everything he accomplished. We always talked about that, I knew he would end up in Ferrari.

"Are you free tonight?" he asked. I nodded quickly. "Do you wanna hang out?" his smile grew a little bigger before he added "just like old times?"

I chuckled a little but nodded. "Just like old times" I repeated his words.
It could never be like old times, we were older and both went our separate ways, but it was nice that he wanted to try, try to get those times back.