twenty-six

Two years ago

Noa's POV

Charles and I were together for a while now and it was honestly amazing. If you forgot about all the fights atleast.

Our fights were terrible, he got jealous over the smallest things, but when we made up, it was like heaven.

He treated me like a princess, I've never felt happier, more safe, more blessed than I felt now.

"Are you ready love?" Charles asked as he walked in the bathroom. I was getting ready for our date. It was summer break so we decided to stay in Monaco for most of the time.

We both lived here, but I was spending almost every day at his place, it was better than staying with my dad - he was getting worse every day.

"I am" I said as I turned around and smiled at him. He looked at me, scanning his eyes over my body. "You're looking so beautiful" I would never get enough of hearing those words.

As soon as we walked in the restaurant, I knew it would be a special night. He invited all our friends, his family and my dad.

My dad, he was actually sober for once. I sat down next to him and Nyra, my best friend. Charles took a seat next to his brother and Pierre.

I noticed how they patted his back, as if they wanted to wish him good luck.

"Did Charles invite you here?" I whispered to Nyra. She nodded. "I guess he wanted a family dinner" she smiled. I was glad to have her around.

I've had such an amazing night, my dad was being himself again and Nyra really bonded with Charles and his family.

It couldn't get any better, or so I thought.

Charles grabbed my hand as he was sitting in front of me. "You wanna go outside for a little while?" He whispered a little. I nodded and got up.

I really needed some fresh air as well. He nodded at Arthur and waited for me to go outside.
The restaurant had a beautiful little garden, filled with little lights.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked as he intertwined our fingers. "So much, thank you for doing this" I pressed my body against his.

I had many beautiful evenings with him, but this was definitely one to remember.

"Are you okay?" I raised my eyebrow, I could feel his hand and it was definitely a little sweaty. He also seemed nervous all night.

He stopped walking and looked at me. Holding both of my hands right now.
I titled my head a little.

Oh no please don't break up with me. Not after an evening like this.

But he wasn't gonna break up with me, quite the opposite.

He got down on one knee as he held my hand. "Noa, you're definitely the love of my life. The past two years were the best ones yet and I really want to spend the rest of my life with you" I just looked down at him. I could feel the tears in my eyes. I wasn't expecting this at all.

"I am so in love with you. Princess, do you wanna marry me?" He said as he grabbed a little box and opened it. It was the most beautiful ring.

I nodded enthusiastically. Of course I wanted to marry him. He put the ring around my finger and got up.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. It was a quick kiss because everyone started clapping and celebrating.

I didn't even notice that our family and friends were standing outside as well. I wish I could have a little bit more time alone with him but I wasn't complaining.
I was happy everyone we loved was here, with us.

Nyra immediately ran to me and hugged me. "I am so happy for you" she said enthusiastically. "Future Mrs. Leclerc" she nudged me laughing.
I guess that sounded pretty good indeed.

I looked at Charles, who was hugging his brother. I was so in love with him, he made me the happiest.
I couldn't wait to spend my life with him.