twenty-seven.

I flew back to Monaco while Lando left for the next race.
It felt weird to be apart from him, our first real date was perfect, he was perfect but I noticed he acted a little different after breakfast.

I asked him about it but he just shrugged it off, he told me he was gonna miss me and honestly I was missing him too.

We were only apart for a couple of days and we called every day, but it still felt different.
I wanted to be there, to support him. They would be in Austria for two raceweekends and it was only raceweekend one.

"There is my best friend" Nyra walked in the store where I spend most of my days lately. She lived in Monaco as well but she went to America for a couple of months.

I pulled her into a hug, I was so happy to see her. "Fuck Nyra, I'm so happy to see you" Monaco was gonna way less lonely with her by my side.

"I missed you" she said with a smile on her face but she quickly started to look around. "Wow, this place is looking amazing" I was glad she noticed the changes.

"You wanna take a little walk?" She nodded. I was definitely gonna show her my new favorite place.

But as much as I hated that hike, she hated it even more. "Where on earth are you taking me? I am almost regretting coming back" she chuckled between her heavy breaths.

"Come on little brat, we're almost there" I laughed as I used Lando's words of motivation. She rolled her eyes laughing as she followed me.

As soon as we reached the top, she started to look around. "How did you find this place?" She said as she sat down, right were Lando and I fell in love.
"Lando showed it to me"

She quickly turned her head to me. "Lando? Lando Norris?" I nodded at her suspicion. I knew she was gonna recognize his name.

"We went on a date" I started explaining. Her eyes were glued on mine. "And we kissed" she put her hands on her mouth and kicked her feet a little. "Oh my God, you go girl"

I loved how supportive and happy she was for me. "How was it?" She nudged me playfully. "Honestly, it was amazing. He is so soft, so sweet and funny. I am falling so hard for him" my heart started beating faster even by just talking about her.

"What about Charles? Did you see him again?" She asked and I immediately sighed by the mention of his name.
"I did and he's being extremely jealous" Nyra rolled her eyes. "As always"

She was right, he's always been jealous.

"Charlotte called me" Nyra said. Charlotte and her were actually really good friends. Monaco was a small place after all. "Charles broke up with her so I actually thought you guys got back together" that's why she wasn't there for his race.

He broke up with her that night, the night he kissed me. The night I finally broke free.

"So you came back to comfort her?" I wasn't jealous, Charlotte didn't deserve this, I knew exactly how it felt to have my heart broken by Charles.
It was the worst feeling ever.

She shook her head. "No, I came back to tell you how dumb you are" we both laughed a little because that's exactly what she would've done. "But I guess I don't need to do that now" she shrugged her shoulders and looked in front of her.

"Why are you here though?" She said after a while. "What do you mean?" I looked back at her and raised my eyebrow.

"You like Lando, the store is going well and your dad is back" she summarized. "Why aren't we on our way to Austria?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Because he doesn't need me there" I said, even though he probably would love to have me there. Maybe I was just too scared to face him again after our awkward moment after breakfast.

"Didn't you see the news?" She frowned a little. I looked at her confused.
What did she mean?