fifty.

I agreed to going to dinner with Charlotte. It was just a friendly date.
We were both dating someone else so there was nothing to worry about.

I missed Noa. I was happy she would be here tomorrow. I couldn't wait to kiss her again.

"So you're going out with Charlotte?" Jon asked as we were walking outside the hospitality.
I nodded. "You think that's a good idea?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Why not? We are friends" I shrugged my shoulders. "But are you though?"

He was right, we weren't friends. We never did something together, not alone atleast.  

"Just don't do anything stupid" he said as he patted my back. I rolled my eyes, I wasn't planning on cheating on Noa, I would never do that.

———————

So I did what I planned to do, I went to dinner with Charlotte. It was a nice dinner, we've talked mostly about the races and stuff. There was nothing romantically.

"So why didn't Noa come?" Charlotte asked as we were walking back to her hotel. "She will be here tomorrow, she just had a couple of things to deal with"

"You guys are cute together" she smiled a little, but even I could tell that it wasn't genuine. "Thanks, so are you and Charles" she chuckled a little at my comment.

"Do you know why they broke up?" Charlotte asked as she stopped walking. I nodded. "Charles cheated on her, multiple times"

She told me the story, I was happy she opened up to me. That she trusted me. He was a fool to cheat on her.

Charlotte titled her head a little. "Is that what she told you?"

"Yeah?"

She chuckled and shook her head. "After she cheated on him"

This time it was me who titled my head. She never told me that, probably because she knew I would look at her differently.

"With who?" I asked. Charlotte was thinking about giving me an answer, I saw she was hesitant about it. "Just don't leave her alone with your best friend for too long"

She smiled a little and kissed my cheek. "Just be careful Lando"

I just looked at her as she was walking inside her hotel. This was a whole different dinner than I expected it to be.
She didn't want to get close to me - she wanted to warn me.

I literally pushed her into my best friends arms that night. I asked Max to go with her to that event, they spend the evening together, they spend the night together at my house.

I never had a reason to doubt her, to question her.

——————

"What are you dreaming about?" Speaking of the devil, Max Fewtrell walked up to me and patted my back.

I was standing in the garage, ready to do the quali. Noa didn't arrive yet, she texted me that her plane was delayed but she would be here tonight.
I didn't know if I should ask her about what Charlotte told me or if I should just keep it to myself.

"Steamy sex with Noa" I replied. Max rolled his eyes. "Didn't need to know that"

I grabbed my helmet and looked at the screen that showed the statistics from my car.

"Goodluck out there" Max smiled. He knew I loved this track, but he also knew how dangerous it was.

I shouldn't think about that. I should just focus and push the throttle as hard as I could.

But I wish Noa was here, I wish she could kiss me good luck.

I wish Charlotte never told me those stuff - I wish I didn't know. I wish I could concentrate on this qualifying instead of thinking about Noa.

I got in my car and saw Pierre's car driving past, Charles' car was right after him.

Keep her away from your best friend.

Did she cheat on Charles with Pierre? If she did, how could Charles still be friends with him? But maybe he didn't know, maybe Charles wasn't the one who told Charlotte.

I definitely needed to talk to Noa.