thirty-six.

I shouldn't be surprised to see Charles, he was a driver as well so I expected to see him here.

But why was Charlotte with him? I thought they broke up?

I was feeling a little uneasy and I guess Lando noticed it too because he put his hand on my thigh.
He gestured to follow him, so that's what I did.

We both went back inside, to the kitchen. He leaned against the kitchen counter as he looked at me.
"Did you know that he would be here too?" I asked immediately.

He shook his head, but I didn't completely believe him. "I am just as surprised as you are" he sounded pretty genuine. Maybe he wasn't lying after all.

"Why can't we have a nice break without him pestering us" I sighed. It was like we could never enjoy each other without distractions.

Lando shrugged his shoulders, but I could see he was getting annoyed. "Why are you still so bothered about him?"

I didn't know, but he was right. I was still bothered, especially seeing him walking in with Charlotte.

"I-I don't know" I looked down. I saw Lando walking up to me, he picked me up and put me on the kitchen counter.

He put his hand on my leg, looking up at me. "I am ready to give you all my love but you have to make your mind up" he said it softly, almost as if he didn't want to.

Is that why he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet? Because he wasn't sure if I was completely over Charles.

I told him I was, I thought I was. I don't know what I was feeling. Maybe I was just feeling pity for Charlotte or maybe I was actually jealous?

"But are you really ready to give me your love? You didn't even ask me to be your girlfriend yet?" I started to raise my voice. I didn't want to but that was something that bothered me as well.

Lando tilted his head a little. "Excuse me?" he chuckled, taking his hand back. "You're the one who can't seem to forget someone who hurt you, over and over again" he raised his voice as well, trying to match my voice.

"Honestly I get it, I understand that you loved him, but I'm trying to do everything to made you forget about him and it's obviously not working." he continued.

It wasn't like that. I knew he was doing everything, he was saying all the words I wanted to hear.

"It is working, I am falling for you but I fell for Charles, so extremely hard" I looked down, I knew it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

Lando shook his head, taking a step back. Just in that moment Charles walked in, he couldn't have picked a worse moment.

"Oh mint" Lando chuckled as he looked at Charles. "Perfect timing mate" he said as he walked passed Charles.

Charles just looked at him confused but I guess Lando was done with my indecisiveness.

How could I blame him? I was getting upset by it too.

"What was that all about?" Charles walked to me. I was still sitting on the kitchen counter. "Why did you bring Charlotte here? I thought you broke up with her?" I jumped off the counter, trying to walk away.

Charles wouldn't let me walk away, he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"What is your problem? Are you jealous or something?" He raised his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes, taking my arm back. "No, I just don't understand you at all"

"And I don't understand you either" he replied. "I thought you like Lando?"

"I did, I do but you keep messing with my head, you keep reminding me of things I wanted to forget, you keep me pulling back to you when I want to stay away" I realized I wasn't over him, at all.

All these fucking memories. I wish I could forget about them.

I wish I could forget about him.