twenty-one.

Noa's POV

I didn't know why Charles wanted to talk, I thought we were done talking, done with everything.

But just as always, I cancelled my plans with Lando for him. I promised myself this would be the last time.

I didn't even get ready, I just wore some jogging pants and a shirt, nothing special.
The outfit I wanted to wear for Lando was just laying on the chair

I didn't have to wait long, because they was already a knock on my door. I quickly opened it and saw Charles standing in front of it.

He definitely put effort in his outfit because he wore the thing I liked the most. All black.
And fuck he looked good, why did he have to look like that.

Why did my heart jump a beat when I saw him?

"Hi Noa, you're looking cute" he said as he kissed my cheek and walked in.
It was a lie, I wasn't looking cute but he told me what I wanted to hear.
"Thanks, so are you"

He walked in and looked around. He didn't know where to start, I could see that. He probably didn't even know why he was standing in my room.

"Noa, I-I miss you" he stuttered a little. All I could think about was Charlotte. He was doing the same thing to her than he did to me. "Charles, please don't say that"

He walked up to me and brushed his fingers against my arm. It gave me shivers. "I would do everything for you, if you tell me you want me, I would dump Charlotte immediately" he said softly.

How much I wanted to hear these words a couple of years ago. I would jumped on him and kiss the shit out of him.

But this wasn't a couple of years ago, I still felt so much for him but I was starting to open my heart for Lando.
I was pretty sure he started to like me too, I really did.

We could've kissed a couple of times before, but we were both too shy. I was planning on kissing him tonight.

But instead I was standing with Charles in my room and he was telling me everything I wanted to hear.

"Noa? Please say something" Charles said, moving his hand over my arm, to my cheek. He was looking right into my eyes.

Don't fall for this Noa, he doesn't want you. Not like Lando.

"We've been through so much Charles. I don't think it's a good id-" he didn't let me finish, I could feel his soft lips against mine. Everything I felt four years ago, was coming back.

All the memories, all the kisses and sex.

All the fights, the horrible fights.

But I couldn't stop. I wanted to feel his lips against mine. Soon after, his tongue was playing with mine. Softly and gently, just like all his touches.

But then, my mind started to drift to Lando. The guy who was trying to make me laugh and smile every single moment. He didn't even have to try if I was honest.

Lando, he didn't deserve this. I was planning on kissing him, not Charles.

"I'm sorry" I said as I pulled back. Why was I being sorry? He was the one who was cheating on Charlotte. She didn't deserve this either.
Not at all.

Charles didn't respond, also because there was a knock on my door.
I wasn't expecting anyone?

I was confused but I still walked to the door and opened it. A smiling Lando was standing in front of me.

No, fuck, what was he doing here? I thought Charles told him that I had to cancel our plans. "I think I'm overdressed" he laughed as he looked at my outfit.
"Still looking extremely adorable though" he continued.

I didn't believe Charles when he said these words just moments ago, but I believed Lando.
He was genuine.

"Lando, I thought Cha-" but once again Charles interrupted me. He was standing behind me, with his arm around my waist. "I am sorry mate, I forgot to tell you she wanted to cancel her plans with you"

This was his fucking plan all along.

I saw Lando's eyes going from Charles' arm around my waist to my eyes. I hoped he could see how sorry I was. "Oh yeah I see" Lando said. He didn't know what to say.

His heart broke, while my heart was confused.

"Have fun" he forced a little smile as he was looking at me. He shook his head as he walked away.

I wish I ran after him. Told him I liked him.

I looked at Charles, who was smiling at me. Why did he have this power over me?