forty-eight.

Last night was amazing. We finally had sex and it was even better than I imagined.
He was so sweet and soft, I've never felt more loved.

We were all sitting on the table for breakfast. Lando stayed in our room for a little longer because he had to phone Zak.

"How was it?" Nyra nudged me laughing. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I bet everyone heard us but no one except for Nyra said something about it.

"None of your business" I laughed as I grabbed another pancake. Nyra rolled her eyes. "Anyways did you ask him about Charlotte?"

"Yes, she asked how our vacation was going" I said. I wish I asked him more, for example why she was texting him, why did she feel the need to text Lando?

They weren't that close.

"Seems pretty harmless" Nyra shrugged her shoulders. Yes it seems pretty harmless indeed but I still didn't trust it.

A little while later Lando joined us as well and the remarks and comments began.
They were holding back until he arrived.

"Wow are you finally awake? Must be quite a workout yesterday" His friends laughed. Lando kissed my cheek and bumped Nyra's fist before sitting down next to us.

"Mate you better be respectful or you're staying home next time" Lando said annoyed before grabbing some food.

There was definitely something wrong, he would normally just banter with them because he knew I didn't really mind their comments.

His friends threw their hands in the air and looked at each other. "We were just joking mate" they said before going back to their conversation.

I looked at Lando, who shrugged his shoulders and started eating.

"Are you okay?" I leaned a little bit closer to Lando. He nodded. "I just don't like how they're making jokes about that"

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind it" I said as I looked at him and put my hand on his arm. "But I do" he snapped.

I quickly took my hand back and frowned. Okay whatever, I didn't know what his problem was but he didn't need to snap at me like that.

————————

After breakfast we all went to the yacht we rented. Croatia was beautiful especially on the sea.

"What's wrong with Lando?" Max asked as he sat down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders. "I honestly don't know but I don't think it was about the joke"

"Weird" Max said under his breath. He looked at Lando who was laying down. His cap was covering his eyes.

"But nothing happened between the two of you?" He asked, I shook my head. We had an amazing night, we cuddled all morning and he seemed fine when I left for breakfast.

But he told me he had to call Zak, did something happen during that conversation?

I wanted to talk to Lando, but I also didn't want to wake him up or disturb him.

I looked at him, he was putting his cap back on his head and grabbed his phone, he was texting someone. It could be anyone so why did I have the feeling it was Charlotte?

Why was I so bothered by this?

I got up and walked to him, sitting down next to him. I looked at him and he looked at me as well. "What is wrong with you today? Wasn't it a good talk with Zak?"

He sighed before putting his phone away. "I just don't know what to do" he said as he looked at me.

I frowned a little. "What do you mean?" Was this about last night or was this about his call with Zak?
"It wasn't a call with Zak, it was a call with Toto"

Okay I had to admit that I didn't expect that.

"He wants to offer me a contract for next year. We have been talking about that for a while" he explained. Shouldn't he be happy about that?

"But you don't want that?" I asked. He was thinking about it. "I think I do, I'm just not sure"

I could tell his head was right back at work while he actually needed to rest and relax.
I was already used to that, Charles was exactly like that.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his cheek a couple of times. "Whatever you decide, I will be supporting you"