ten.

Four years ago.

"Where are you taking me?" Charles asked as we were walking through Monaco.

It was a few weeks after our kiss and we haven't really talked to each other that much. It wasn't awkward, it was just empty between us.

Charles has been busy, with racing and all sorts of events. I was happy he was actually be able to make some time for me today.

Unfortunately it was also the day my dad decided to be an absolute mess again. "I have to check a few things at the store" I explained.
Or check if the store was actually open.

I was quite surprised to see that they opened the store and everything seemed to be fine.
Charles and I walked in together, everyone immediately started staring at him. As I said, he was the prince of Monaco.

Charles was watching at a few watches. Ignoring the stares, he was pretty used to it by now. "Fancy buying one sir?" I joked as I stood next to him. "Maybe, which one do you recommend?" He asked with a little smile. I loved the way how he squeezed his eyes a little when he smiled.

I gestured him to follow me and stopped in front of the display of our most expensive watch. "This one is very exclusive. One of a kind and may I add - definitely fitting for you" I said as I tapped the glass of the display, not realizing how I actually called him one of a kind.

"I will definitely get this one once you decide to sponsor me" he nudged me playfully. He was always teasing me about it, telling me how we should sponsor him.
"Never gonna happen" I said laughing. He started laughing with me until he turned serious again.

"Can we talk for a second?" He asked as he put his hands in his pocket. He seemed nervous, which made me nervous as well.

I nodded as I gestured him to follow me to the back of the store.
He was nervous, uncomfortable, exactly how I didn't want things between us to be.
"Look Noa, I-I don't wanna make things awkward between us" he started.
His eyes looked everywhere, except at me.

"But I'm starting to like you, a lot" he admitted. I had to admit that I felt something, butterflies maybe? I didn't know what to say, I wanted to admit that I felt the same, but I just stood there.

Just as I was about to tell him, he continued. "Kissing you wasn't a mistake, at all" he admitted. I felt even more butterflies. "I have to go to Baku now but I'd like to take you on a real date when I'm back" finally his eyes met mine. My heart skipped a beat.

"I'd like that very much" I said with a smile on my face.

"Wait for me please" he brushed his fingers over my hand, softly and gently, just like all his touches.
"I will always wait for you" I whispered.

Present day.

These streets were way less busy today. It was obvious that everyone left after the Monaco Grand Prix.
Only a couple of hours ago, I was driving Lando's Jolly. It was such an awesome day.

I saw the disappointment in his face when I told him I couldn't go to Baku. He never questioned why or what I had to do, he just gave me his number.

I really wanted to text him but I was afraid to get too close to him. I made that mistake with Charles, I got too close, too attached and I got burned badly.

I took a sip from my coffee as I walked in the store. It was still pretty much the same as a few years ago, except for the employees. A lot of them got transferred or fired. My dad was kind of cruel with stuff like that.

"Noa, didn't expect to see you here" Alexia, the store manager walked up to me.
She worked in this store for a while now and we actually grew close over the years.

I put a box filled with coffees down on the counter. "Well, I heard the coffee sucks so I brought some with me" I tapped the box as I looked at her.
She immediately turned red as she looked down, probably trying to hide it.

"Thanks Noa" she said as she grabbed one and looked back up at me. "I'm sorry, it's just that things are pretty horrible around here"

"I've heard some things" I could make a joke about the coffee but messing with people's pay was definitely something way more serious.
A matter I had to fix as soon as possible.

"Can you please give me a list of everyone who works here?" I had to admit that I didn't know any of them. "I will try to fix everything, I promise"

This store had so many good memories, I couldn't let that get ruined.