thirty.

Lando grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to his garage.
It was time for the race, but I had to find Nyra. She probably was already looking for me.

I stopped walking, which caused Lando to look at me. "What's wrong?" He asked while I looked around. Nyra was already walking to us, with a smile on her face.

"I didn't come alone" I smiled. Lando titled his head a little, probably asking me to explain, but Nyra  was already standing next to me.
"This is my best friend" I pointed at Nyra.

"Nyra, nice to meet you" she introduced herself. Lando immediately smiled at her. "Lando" he nodded. "I am her.." he wanted to introduce himself but he didn't know how.

"Friend" I quickly said. We didn't really talk about it yet, so I guess this was the safest option.
Lando nodded but he obviously wasn't too pleased about it.

"Are you ready for the race?" Nyra quickly asked. Lando nodded as he started walking again. He pulled me with him and Nyra just followed us.

"Do you have tickets or not?" Lando asked but he didn't wait for a response because he immediately pulled me in the garage. "Well, no" I chuckled.

He grabbed two headphones and gave it to both of us. Nyra looked at me confused as Lando went to talk to his team.

"So are we staying here?" Nyra leaned a little closer as she whispered. I chuckled a little. "Yes we are" I confirmed her thoughts.

She clapped her hands a little, she probably remembered how she never could stay at the Ferrari garage. I don't really know why, Charles always came up with excuses, about how he wasn't allowed to have more than two people there.

I guess that wasn't a problem for Lando.

He grabbed his helmet and walked up to us. "Be careful please" I said as my fingers brushed against his arm. I used to say this to Charles, I could still remember it.

"Of course, I still have to make you my girlfriend" he winked as he pressed his lips quickly against mine.

These butterflies again.

He put his fist out to Nyla who bumped it immediately. "Good luck mate" she laughed. "Thanks bro" he laughed as he put his helmet on.

They were definitely gonna get along great, I already knew that.

He jumped into his car and drove to the grid. My heart was racing, I was praying he would be careful.

I was used to this feeling, I've felt it for years but I never thought I would go through it all over again.

"He's cool and I can see he really likes you" Nyra said as she nudged her shoulder against me.
"You've seen him for about five minutes weirdo" I laughed.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes but did you see how disappointed he was when you said he was your friend" she chuckled as she put her headphones on.

The race was about to start, so the noise was getting heavier. Was he really disappointed? I just wanted to save him, so he wouldn't feel bad.

I put my headphones on and leaned against the table. Lando was doing great, he overtook a lot of cars but I knew he was great at this track.

"Your man is flying" Talia stood next to us with a smile on her face. "Yes I am so proud" I smiled as I looked at the screen.

"I didn't know you were engaged to Charles" she said. How did she know? I actually wanted to forget all about that.

Nyra looked at me. She was probably thinking the same thing. "U-uh yes I was" I tried to be a little quieter because I didn't want everyone to know, I didn't want them to judge me.

Lando's trainer was looking at me, some mechanics were whispering to each other.
I guess word got around already.

She didn't ask anything else. She probably just wanted to stir the pot a little.

"Ignore them. You're the only one who knows what really happened" Nyra tried to comfort me.

I didn't really care what they thought about me, but Lando probably knew too. What did he think of this? Was this why he was acting weird in France?

I needed to talk to him, I had to explain everything.