eight.

Charles didn't even start the race. His car was too damaged. Charlotte texted me that she went home with him already. They had no reason to stay and Charles was too disappointed.

I felt bad, maybe I had to cancel my plans with Lando to go and see Charles, but I knew he would rather be alone for a while.

I decided to stay and watch the race, I could still support Lando. Once again I went to the balcony and leaned against the railing. It was the first time I wasn't looking for a red car, but a orange one instead.

"Expensive taste you got there" someone said as he tapped my watch a few times. I quickly took my arm off the railing and took a step back. "Yeah well I actua-" I looked at the guy and I never was so relieved to see his face. "Jax, you idiot" I said as I pushed him a little.

Jax was my dad's assistant and quickly became one of my best friends. He could always entertain me during boring events. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard that your dad started drinking again" he whispered. You never knew who was listening. "And I didn't expect you to stay for the entire race" he looked at me in disbelief. "but I guess I was wrong" he chuckled.

I couldn't blame him for thinking that. I used to 'hi and bye' myself out of a lot of events.

We walked inside to a quieter place, we both grabbed a glass of champagne and sat down. He wanted to tell me something, something I didn't want to hear. I could feel it. "Spit it out" I laughed, trying to play it cool.

I knew what he wanted to tell me. I just didn't want to hear it.

"You have to do something Noa, people are complaining" he said softly, as if he didn't want to hurt me. "About what?"

"About everything. Your dad is never there, they get paid too little or far too late" he sighed before continuing "they even complain about the damn coffee"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his comment.

"Look, I can handle a few stores, but you have to fix the stores in France, England and Monaco" I was expecting that, he couldn't handle it all by himself. "and most importantly.. the sponsors"

I threw my head back and sighed. Handling the stores was one thing, but I absolutely hated those sponsor events. "Can't you do that?"

He shook his head, knowing exactly what I was referring to. "They don't want an assistant there, they want to see someone important"

"But you are very important" I tried to charm my way out of this but Jax knew me too well. "I'm not falling for that" he laughed. "You can handle it, I believe in you" he put his hand on my leg as he got up.

"Hey where are you going?" I looked up at him and grabbed his arm. "You've got this covered, so I'm going home" he winked before walking away.

I groaned as I took my glass of champagne and took a sip. This was exactly what I didn't want. I just wanted to get out of here and cry, scream, break some stuff but I couldn't do that to Lando. He seemed excited for our little adventure and so was I.

I was happy I stayed because Lando ended up on the podium. I clapped my hands a little as he crossed the finish line.

I was happy for him, but still sad for Charles, even after everything we've been through.

Even after everything he put me through.