forty-five.

Noa's POV

I couldn't believe I told Lando I loved him over FaceTime. I just blurted it out, without thinking.
He must think I'm a fool for saying it so soon.

I ended the call so soon, I was too scared of what he might say but I felt so stupid.

I didn't check my phone until the next morning and fuck, I wish I checked it sooner.

Baby 🧡

Good night baby
And I love you too

He was the cutest. I was so desperately in love with him. He never made me feel stupid or he never made me question his love for me.

—————————

"Your favorite person has arrived" I said as Max opened the door. We only met once but I felt so comfortable around him.

He had the same energy as Lando so we instantly clicked.

"I don't see my favorite person though" he said as he looked behind me. I pushed him a little as we both started laughing.

We both walked in their house, I arrived pretty late so I had to hurry to be on time for this stupid event.

I would much rather watch the race instead of sitting alone at a table for the entire day.

"Do you have a date or something?" I said as I looked at Max. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants. He looked pretty fancy right now.

Definitely not something you would wear if you were planning on staying home.

He chuckled a little. "Yes with you" he said. I titled my head a little. What was he talking about?

"Lando asked me to go to that event with you. He didn't want you to go alone" he explained.

It was the sweetest thing. Lando wanted me to be safe and have a fun day and Max actually wanted to sacrifice his day to spend it with me.

I was touched by these two idiots. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you so much"

Not much later, Max and I arrived at the event. It was boring, just like I expected.

We just had to sit on a table and do nothing, just listen to endless chatter.

He took his phone out of his pocket and put it on the table. He quickly opened the F1 app and started to watch the race.

I chuckled as I looked at him. "Are you serious?" He put his phone closer to me with a smile on his face. "Very serious"

I moved a little closer to him and watched the race with him.

Lando was doing amazing. I wish I could be there to support him, I wanted to support him every race.

"Are you going on a vacation with us?" Max shook me out of my thoughts. Vacation? Lando never told me they were going on a vacation.

"He didn't ask me" I shrugged my shoulders but I would actually love to go with them.

"That muppet probably forgot about it, but it would be fun to have you come with us" Max smiled. A genuine smile, he really wanted me to come with them.

I experienced all the fancy things life had to offer already but I never felt as loved as this before.

I've never felt so welcomed before.

"I will talk to Lando about it" I quickly said before turning my attention back to Max's phone. Lando finished in P5, which was honestly great. He was gonna be very happy about that.

We watched the entire post race show as well, it's not like we had anything better to do and I really wanted to see his face. It was crazy how much I was already missing him.

"Lando, great race. Do you already have plans for the summer break?" a reporter asked as they showed Lando's face. He was sweating and the lines of his helmet were still visible on his face. "Probably going on a little vacation and visit the family"

"With a special someone? We saw some pictures" the reporter continued. Pictures? What kind of pictures? We didn't announce our relationship officially yet, not to the entire world atleast.

I saw how Lando wasn't prepared for this question, he didn't expect it. "Oh did you? You definitely have to show me those pictures later" he said as he smiled at him and walked to the next reporter.

"He dodged that question brilliantly" Max laughed. He definitely did, thank God for media training. "Now he will remember that he forgot to ask you to come with us" Max laughed as he pointed at my phone.

Not much later I received a text from Lando. We both laughed. It was indeed him asking if I wanted to come with them on a vacation and obviously I was down for that.