seven.

Four years ago.

I let myself fall down on Charles' couch. I was too young for this shit.

"Did you have to cover for your dad again?" Charles asked as he sat down next to me. He probably recognized that look on my face.

I nodded as I kicked off my heels. He got drunk again last night, he passed out on the couch and there was no way I could wake him up this morning.

"Fuck Noa, you shouldn't have to do this by yourself" Charles shook his head but I had no choice. My mother already left him, left us. We only had each other.

I sighed as I looked at him. I was too tired to explain. "Can you just hold me?" I looked at him and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. I could feel his cheek against mine "Everything will be fine" he whispered.

He backed away a little, just a little before brushing his fingers against my cheek, tucking my hair behind my ear. We just looked at each other for a while, his eyes travelled from my eyes to my lips.

My face was moving closer to his, my lips almost brushing against his. Just as I was about to back away, he pressed his lips against mine. Our kiss was passionate, needy and perfect.
Our tongues played with each other, as if they were designed to be together.

He pecked my lips a couple of times before backing away.
I looked down, fixing my hair a little. "I'm sorry I -" I started but he quickly interrupted me. "Yeah sorry I shouldn't have kissed you" he said as he adjusted the position he was sitting in.

Was he regretting it already?

Present day.

I walked in the living room, it was a scene I saw so many times before. My dad passed out on the couch again, I didn't even try to wake him up anymore.

I had to cover for him again, make excuses. Oh he's sick, stuck in traffic, there was an emergency. I've used them all by now.

"Hi Zak, I'm sorry my dad wasn't feeling too well." I said as I shook his hand. Zak looked at me, he had this look on his face but I couldn't really read him.
Was he confused? Was he worried? Did he feel pity?

The look on his face changed into a smile. "Well, we are happy to have you here. Make yourself comfortable" he said and I nodded.

I looked around and sat down by myself. I was used to that, I sat by myself a lot of times before but I would much rather sit in the Ferrari hospitality, together with Charlotte.

I could feel a hand brush against my shoulder so I quickly looked up. Of course it was Lando, he was the only one who actually talked to me in here.

He was already wearing his racing suit. He had it hanging around his waist so his black fireproofs were visible. "Oh there you are" I said jokingly as if I was waiting for him, but maybe I was secretly hoping he would stop by.

He sat down in front of me, smiling. "No, there you are" he said adjusting his racing suit. "I was wondering" he started. "Are you free tonight?"

I was a bit taken back by his question. We hung out last night as well, but this felt like he was asking me out on a date. "Uh-" I started, I wanted to say yes but I knew I had to take care of my dad as well. "What do you have in mind?"

"Just drive around a bit" he answered. I guess I could make some time for that. "In your fast car?" I laughed.

He started laughing as well. "Definitely" he said as he looked at someone who I assumed was his trainer. "You know where to find me" I said, referring to his hospitality.

His smile couldn't be bigger as he got up and zipped his racing suit all the way up. He turned around to walk to his trainer. "Lando" I quickly said causing him to turn his head to me again. "Be careful" he nodded with a smile and walked to his trainer who patted his back.

What was happening? I only knew him for a couple of days, but I felt so connected, comfortable, happy around him.

He was able to let me forget my demons.

-----------------------------------

A.N: What do you think so far? Do you guys like it?