seventeen.

"Are you taking me to a club?" I looked at Lando as he parked his car.

He nodded enthusiastically. "You're gonna meet my mom and dad" he said as he grabbed my hand, guiding me inside.

His mom and dad? What were they doing in a club and why did he want me to meet them?
It's not like we were dating for real.

Everyone immediately started cheering as he walked in. I guess he was the prince of Monaco in here.

It all became clear when I saw Max Verstappen and Kelly dancing. They were the parents he was referring to.

We walked up to them and he hugged them both. "Guys, this is Noa" he said as he put his arm around my waist.

"Hi Noa, I'm Max" Max yelled in an effort to top the music. "This is my girlfriend, Kelly" he pointed at the beautiful brunette standing next to him. She waved with a smile on her face.

Lando looked at me as he was unbuttoning the top buttons of his shirt. He looked almost proud to introduce me.

"So you guys are his parents?" I laughed, pointing at Lando. "I guess we are" Max laughed, nudging Lando a little.

I saw Max a couple of times around Monaco, but I never really talked to him. He seemed friendly enough, but I was still a little scared of him.

Max looked at me. "You wanna drink something?" I quickly looked at Lando. Were we drinking tonight? We drove here and he probably wanted to drink with his friends, so maybe it was better that I stayed sober.

"Just enjoy yourself, I will stay sober. This is your night" Lando assured me.
I didn't know what I did to deserve him.

I nodded at Max. "I will come with you" I said, following Max to the bar.

It was a little quieter here, so we could actually talk much better.
"Okay, I might be completely wrong, but aren't you Charles' ex?" Max asked as he leaned on the bar.

I guess he must've seen me in the paddock with Charles. I nodded. Was he gonna judge me because I'm here with Lando now?

Are you gonna have sex with everyone your daddy sponsors now?

Charles' worlds kept replaying in my mind. Over and over again. Was Max thinking the same?

"And you're dating Lando now?" He asked, I quickly shook my head. We're only fake dating.
"We are just friends"

He nodded. He didn't ask any other questions. "What are you drinking?" Lando said I could be drinking tonight and that was exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to forget everything that happened today.

"Vodka Redbull please" I said which made him raise his eyebrow a little. "Your definitely my kind of girl" he laughed.

After we got back from the bar, I immediately went to Lando. I wasn't planning to do that, it just came naturally.

After tonight, we definitely grew closer together. He protected me, made me laugh and actually made me feel loved.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me a little closer. I knew it wasn't something romantically, it was friendly, but I definitely felt my heart beat a little bit faster.

Stop Noa, he likes someone else, he's just being nice to you.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He leaned a little bit closer. His parfum filled my nose, a very different one than Charles uses. "Yes thank you for bringing me here, I definitely needed that"

I took a sip from my drink and put it on a little table before pushing myself closer to him.
"But you have to dance with me" I chuckled because he immediately rolled his eyes.

"Alright but just a fair warning, I can't dance very well" he laughed, he wanted to make me happy or comfortable. He always did. I liked that about him.

After we danced for a while, we both decided it was time to get a little air.
I followed him outside, he held my hand as he was guiding me outside.

"Lando, I can't thank you enough for tonight" I said as I shivered a little. It was cold and I wasn't dressed for it at all.

Lando just shrugged his shoulders as he walked to his Jolly. Was he leaving? I wasn't ready to end the night already, I wanted to spend more time with him.

He grabbed a jacket out of his car and gave it to me. "You're cold" I grabbed it and quickly put it on, feeling the warmth already.
It smelled like him, I wasn't complaining about that though.

"And you don't have to say thank you" his blue eyes looked at mine as he was leaning against his Jolly.

"I enjoy spending time with you so I actually also did this for myself" he admitted. My heart skipped a beat again.

Was my heart starting to open again?

I took a step closer to him, standing between his legs. Our faces were starting to get closer to each other until a group of girls interrupted us.

"Lando, can we have a picture with you?" One of them asked. The other ones were just giggling.

Lando looked at me, but I already took a step back, allowing him to go to them.
His hand brushed against my arm as he nodded and walked to them.

The girl he likes doesn't know how lucky she is.