twenty.

Charles' POV

Charlotte decided not to go to the paddock today, she rather wanted to spend some time shopping so she asked Noa to go with her.

It was perfect, they were both not going to be there, so I could easily talk to Lando without any distractions.

I walked straight to the Mclaren hospitality. I wanted to waste no time, I already pushed them into each other arms enough.

Fortunately Lando was sitting outside of his hospitality, alone. It was exactly what I needed.

I walked to him and patted his back softly. "Yo mate, how are you?" I said as I sat down next to him.

He put his phone away and looked at me. "Good good, how are you?" I just nodded at his question.

"Did you have a good night with Noa?" I asked. I didn't want to waste time. I had to know. It was weird because I didn't know why it bothered me.

Why was I being jealous? I couldn't control it.

"We had a good night, we went to play some golf" he said casually, as if it was no big deal that he spend his evening with her. "You only had to pretend for one night man" I laughed, it was a fake laugh obviously.

"I am not pretending" he shook his head and confirmed what I already thought.
He likes her and he doesn't just want to be her friend.

"Yeah well but she is" I quickly said. I didn't want to be this pathetic but I just blurted it out. "I really had to convince her to fake date you" I lied, but I could see how he titled his head a little.

"Really?" He asked, I could hear how annoyed he was. "Yes she said she was gonna do it but only because I asked her to" I lied again.

He nodded, he was trying to take it all in. I recognized that look on his face, he was starting to fall for her.

I remember how good it felt to fall in love with her.

After we talked a little more, we said our goodbyes because we both had to get ready for quali.

I raised my eyebrow as I saw Noa walking through the paddock. Wasn't she with Charlotte?

I quickly walked to her and grabbed her arm. "Hey, watch ou-" she started but stopped as soon as she saw me. "What are you doing here? Where is Charlotte?"

"In your room I guess. I wanted to wish Lando good luck and support him" she explained. It was an answer I didn't want to hear.

I brushed my fingers against her arm, softly and gently and looked in her eyes.
I knew exactly what she liked. Lando didn't know that yet, so I had a big advantage here.

I smiled a little as I was still looking at her. "Can I come to your room tonight? Just to talk?" I asked. She sighed a little. "Charles, I don't kn-"

"Please Noa, we need that. Just a talk" I asked again. She sighed another time, but this time she was nodding. "But let me cancel my plans with Lando then"

Just as she said that, Lando walked out of his hospitality. Almost running.

I noticed how Noa smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. My plan definitely worked.
It gave me a little time to talk to her. Figure out if she still felt the same about me, because I definitely did.

"Don't worry about it, I will tell him" I smiled as I walked to my hospitality. She didn't have time to reply but I really had to change into my racing suit.

I definitely wasn't gonna tell him.