fourteen.

I couldn't believe him, couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth.

Are you gonna fuck everyone your daddy sponsors now?

It was on repeat in my mind. I needed to get out of here. I needed air or I would lose my mind.

But every place reminded me of him, every damn place except for one. A spot I only discovered recently.

I sighed as I looked at the mountain, I was dreading this, but I had to. The climb seemed shorter, faster, probably because I was filled with anger.

I sat down on the edge of the mountain, looking up at the sky. I just broke down in that moment. It was all getting too much.

My dad, the company, seeing Charles. All the memories.

"Fancy seeing you here" A voice behind me said. I quickly wiped my tears away before looking behind me. "What are you doing here?" I said as Lando sat down next to me.

"This is kinda my spot you know" he chuckled as he looked at me and quickly stopped. He probably  noticed my red eyes.
"But I don't mind sharing it with you" he quickly added.

We both sat next to each other for a while, in complete silence.

"Are you okay?" He asked after a little while. I just shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't in the mood to explain, I wanted to, but I would probably start crying again.

"How are you?" I asked. It was late already and he was sitting here next to me so something must be bothering him as well.

He mimicked me and shrugged his shoulders. "There's this girl I like but she-" he started explaining but stopped. "She's just way out of my league" he sighed.

"Surely not" I nudged my shoulder against his playfully. "She would be crazy not to like you" I smiled at him, trying to cheer him up.

He mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't really understand it. He just stared in front of him again.

It was time to open up to him, not about everything but he definitely deserved to know more. "My dad has a problem" I started and immediately got his attention. "He's been drinking for years but it's getting worse" I finally admitted, not only to him but most importantly to myself.

"Your dad.." he shook his head. I realized I never told him who I was or who my dad was.
I tapped his watch a few times, I couldn't believe he was wearing it to hike up a mountain in the dark. Pretty bold move.

I took him only a second to connect the dots. The watch, the event, my dad and me knowing Charles. "You're his daughter?" He looked up from his watch and right in my eyes.

"If he's my dad then I'm pretty sure that I am his daughter" I laughed but he was still too confused to catch my joke.

"I ran away from his sponsor event with his daughter" he started laughing as he realized what he actually did that night. "And that's why you were in the Mclaren and Ferrari hospitality"

He shook his head when he started to relive all our moments together, the few we had. "And I tried to impress you with my Jolly"

"Hey" I nudged him again. "You definitely impressed me with your Jolly"

He started leaning back. "You drove a Mclaren already?" I smiled shrugged my shoulders, confirming his thoughts.

He shook his head laughing. "You're a little shit" he mumbled and we both started laughing.

"Thank you" I said softly. "What for?"

"Making me laugh again" I admitted. He returned it with a little smile.

It definitely was a good idea to come here, to his spot. Our spot.

"The stars are beautiful tonight" I said as I looked up.

"They definitely are" he whispered, but he wasn't watching the stars. I wasn't either anymore.

I put my head on his shoulder as he placed his arm behind my back so I could rest against it.

I don't know what it was about him, but he calmed me down, twice already.
He gave me the strength to face my fears.