thirty-one.

Lando did a great job. He finished fourth and I couldn't be more proud. He drove his heart out, he finished even higher than Charles.

That's what you get for blocking my babe.

Nyra already went back to the room, but I wanted to wait for Lando. We needed to talk and I wanna do it rather sooner than later.

It was actually a pretty nice day, so I decided to sit outside of the hospitality until Lando was done with the interviews and stuff.

"Noa? I didn't know you were here" Of course I would recognize that voice everywhere. I immediately grabbed my sunglasses and put them on.

I wanted to roll my eyes without him noticing.

"Charles" I nodded my head. He sat down in front of me, putting his stuff on the table.
"Will you be staying here until next raceweekend?"

"I am" I said. I wanted him to get out of here as soon as possible. If Lando saw us sitting together, he would definitely think there's something going on between us.

Charles nodded as he grabbed something out of his pocket. "I know you gave it back to me, but I actually want you to have it" he said as he put something on the table.

It was my ring.

"I don't want it" I said as confidently as I could. "Just remember all the times we've had Noa" he pushed the ring a little bit closer.

"They weren't all that bad and you know it" I sighed as I looked at the ring. He was right, they weren't all bad, otherwise I would've never said yes.

I shook my head. "I loved you Charles. I loved you so much, I wanted to spend my life with you" he nodded, he knew what I was about to say.

"And you fucked me over, several times" I almost wanted to cry just thinking about it. How I forgave him so many times, too many times.

Charles looked down at his hands. He was ashamed and he didn't know how to reply.
"I know Noa, I can't change that, but I really want to make things right"

"I've heard that so many times before" I mumbled under my breath but I made sure he heard it too. "Just give me one more chance" he put his hands on mine.

I looked at our hands, not knowing what to say.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Lando's accent came out thick and loud. I quickly took my hands back and grabbed the ring.

I didn't want to, but I also didn't want Lando to see it. It would make things even worse.

He leaned down on our table and looked at Charles. "Don't you have your own hospitality where you can hold hands with girls?" Charles was probably taken aback by his comment because he didn't answer.

"This one is mine" he put his hand on mine and smiled. I loved how Lando didn't jump to conclusions, even though I knew he would ask me about it later.

I intertwined our fingers and looked up at him. Yes, I definitely fell for him.

Charles rolled his eyes and got up. He didn't say a word, Lando definitely left him speechless.

Just like he left me speechless so many times before.

After Charles left, Lando took his seat and looked at me. "What was that all about?" He frowned a little.

I knew he wasn't pleased with me, but I liked the fact that he didn't show it until we were alone.

"We need to talk Lando, we really do" I didn't want to explain it in front of his hospitality. I didn't want to explain it in the paddock either.
"We really do" he sighed.

"Do you want to grab dinner together?" I asked. "Unfortunately I have a sponsor event, did you forget about it?" He seemed confused and so was I.

How did I have to know that? He never told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I don't think you mentioned it though" I chuckled which made him even more confused. "It's your sponsor event right? Richard Mille"

Oh fuck, I should've known my dad would organize a sponsor event here.
But he didn't tell me about it, he obviously wanted to shut me out of it - but why?

"I'll see you there" I quickly said while leaning over the table to kiss him. He did the same, he leaned over to me and pressed his lips against mine.

My dad probably wanted to do something stupid, or something extravagant or make an announcement.

Either way, I had to stop him.