sixteen.

Charles left later that day, he was going to get Charlotte. Lando texted me that he was gonna pick me up, so I guess Charles also convinced him to play along.

I wore a dress, I straightened my hair and I put on a little bit of makeup. Not too much, just enough to lighten my face up a little.

I chuckled as I saw Lando standing in front of a small blue car, his Jolly. "Who are you trying to impress?" I asked as I walked up to him

"You" he laughed as he kissed my cheek. He looked me up and down, his eyes traveled over my body. "But I should ask who you are trying to impress because wow"

A valid question. Probably Charles, why was I still trying to impress him? "You" I said instead. He raised his eyebrow, probably not expecting that answer.

He cleared his throat and quickly took a step aside, allowing me to get in the car. "Let's go baby" he laughed, it actually felt quite natural to hear him say that.

We were late, his Jolly wasn't very fast but we both didn't mind at all. We were singing and laughing the entire way, I actually wouldn't have minded to just kept driving and ditched dinner all together.

Lando could always make me laugh, it felt so natural around him.

I spotted Charles' Ferrari as we arrived at the restaurant. My smiled quickly vanished. I didn't want to do this, I didn't want to see him.

"Are you ready sweetheart?" Lando asked as he was standing next to me, offering me his hand.

I sighed and nodded as I put my hand in his. I was ready to go inside but Lando stopped me. "Hey, I know you don't wanna do this" how did he know? What did Charles tell him?

"But we're just gonna annoy the shit out of them okay?" We were still holding each other's hand and he looked at me. I nodded a little as I looked down.

"And he's gonna see what he's been missing because you will be the prettiest girl in that restaurant" he said as he lifted my chin up to make me look at him. His blue eyes were staring right at me.

He knew I still liked Charles, I guess it wasn't that hard to see. I hated myself for that, I closed my heart for years and I didn't know how to open it again.

"And if you wanna leave then just squeeze my hand two times and I'll come up with some lame excuse okay?" He smiled and so did I.
I couldn't explain how grateful I was for him.

He rubbed his thumbs against my hand a little as he winked at me quickly. "Now, let's go to the royal couple of Monaco"

I laughed at his comment, especially because he didn't know I called Charles the prince of Monaco.

Lando never let go of my hand as we walked through the restaurant, especially not when we arrived at their table.

"Apologies for being late, my Jolly clearly isn't as fast as your Ferrari" Lando took the blame as we both sat down next to each other.

Charles just chuckled as he looked at the both of us. His eyes locked on our hands. "So it's as fast as your Mclaren on track?" Charles snapped at Lando.

He was clearly confused as why Charles attacked him like that but I knew exactly why.
"He still finished higher than you in Monaco though" I snapped back.

I admit it was a low blow, but I had to defend my boyfriend right?

If eyes could kill then Charles definitely killed me then and there.
But Lando on the other hand, looked at me impressed, he mumbled a quick 'thank you' which I returned with a smile.

"Anyways, how did you guys meet?" Charlotte tried to make it less awkward. I hated that we had to lie to her. "At my dad's sponsor event, he kidnapped me" I laughed.

"To be fair, I didn't know who she was back then" Lando tried to defend himself. "And then he took me to his spot" I continued as I looked at Lando with a smile.

"Our spot" he corrected me as he held my hand. "And that's where I fell in love" he said softly, still looking at me.

It was like we forgot we weren't alone, the entire room fell away, I was getting lost in his eyes.

Fuck, was I falling for him? No, he's just acting, he doesn't mean all that.

"That's so cute" Charlotte brought me back to earth. "I am so happy that you'll be in the paddock more often"

We didn't think this though. She was obviously gonna expect me to support Lando whenever I could. "Are you coming to France?" She asked.

"Yeah, are you?" Charles smirked. He was the reason we had to pretend and he was pushing us closer to the edge. Idiot.

I took way too long to answer so Lando cleared his throat. "Well, she's bu-" he started but I quickly cut him off. "Yes I actually am"

Both Charles and Lando looked at me confused. "Of course I'm gonna support you baby" I smiled at Lando. "Yes of course she is" Lando said as if it was the most obvious thing.

I had to visit the store in France anyways, so I could combine them. Annoy Charles even more and fix the store.

The dinner went fine after that, we just had some small talk and the guys started talking about the upcoming races.

I put my hand on Lando's leg, asking for his hand. He looked down and immediately put his hand in mine. I squeezed it two times, I wanted to get out of here but I also wanted to hear his lame excuse.

"I'm sorry guys but we have to go, I have to feed my cat" Lando said as soon as he felt my squeezes.

I wanted to laugh so badly, it definitely was a lame excuse.

"Since when do you have a cat?" Charles frowned. "Just recently" he quickly shrugged his shoulders.

"Right, we have to feed Parry Hotter" I nodded as I looked at Lando with a serious face, trying to hold my laughter.
He just looked at me with a blank stare.

"You named your cat Parry Hotter?" Charlotte asked. Lando's eyes went from mine to hers. "Cool name right?" He said enthusiastically.

Charles and Charlotte just looked at each other confused as we both got up.
We quickly said our goodbyes and started walking towards the exit, we definitely left them speechless.

"Parry Hotter seriously?" Lando laughed as we walked out of the restaurant. "Cool name right?" I mimicked him, also laughing.

He shook his head, still laughing. "You're unbelievable"

We laughed the entire way back, my cheeks even started to hurt. It's been so long since I laughed this hard.

I noticed that we weren't going back to my place. "Where are we going?" I frowned. "A little after party" he quickly looked at me. "Parry Hotter can wait a little longer"

I didn't know where we were going, but I was fine with everything, as long as I was with him.