30. Kung fu Dugongs

Ace got on his tiny boat and propelled it using his fruit. He then jumped up while his boat went into the water, burned down the first ship and used the move fire fist to destroy the other ships that had aligned perfectly. He then came back to the ship. Impressed was an understatement it was overwhelming, this is the power that belonged to those at the top. We still had a long way to go gas a crew before we were near anything like that. "Thank you for taking care of my little brother he can be troublesome." He bowed and then it was just insults hurled at Luffy and his problematic behaviors, it was nice because despite all of that everyone still chose Luffy as their captain. "Y/n though shouldn't be a problem." Everyone waved their hands saying they were okay with how you did things. Sanji offers Ace tea but he said he was good.

You sail through the canals and Vivi asks Nami if we can stop somewhere nearby. She gets off with a letter and sends Karoo to the palace to give the message. "Crocodile probably doesn't want to rule the kingdom there's probably something else he wants." Ace said as you and Zoro were on the railing watching Karoo run away to the palace. "Weaponry is my only guess." It had to be a one of a kind weapon to have made a plan and carried it out all through a couple of years. There's no way anyone would want control over this poor country with a million citizens on the brink of collapse no offense to Vivi. Everyone who had gone down came back aboard and you guys could finally start the journey to Yuba. But why not just go straight for Crocodile?

You docked and Vivi explained that there was a village nearby called Erumalu and it is known as the city of green. Sanji was depressed because Nami and Vivi had changed out of the dancer outfits that weren't practical in the desert they would just get sun burned. You grabbed Sanji's leg and pulled him away. "Come on love cook you're holding everyone up." When you went down there were some cute turtle seal things that wouldn't let you pass. "They're Kung fu dugongs and when they are defeated in a challenge the winner becomes the master." Luffy had already beaten them and they were bowing and he was teaching them fighting stances and everything. When it was time to go they didn't want to go without Luffy. "How cute." You picked their leader up . "You really want to come huh?" Chopper then translated for you "We must go everywhere with our master."  You put the dugong down. "As cute as you are I don't think you guys can come, Vivi?" 

"Yeah the Kung fu dugongs can't cross the desert they have to stay." They really wanted to come but Chopper gave them some of our food to make them stay which worked and you guys went ahead. You soon walked towards Erumalu and there was absolutely nothing green about this place. "Why can't they just get water from the river." Usopp asked. "I'll show you." She then led you guys to the canals that were damaged. She explained how this whole rebellion thing started from the framing of her father with dance powder to the lack of rain in three years. This probably had something to do with Crocodile's ability lack of rain for that long was just absurd and unnatural you believed whoever was in control was not that cruel. 

The wind was howling and there was a strong wind approaching. You guys saw what you thought was someone but it was what was left of them. Luffy destroyed one of the buildings. Nami dug a whole , while you and Ace helped to burry the remains. Ace put a stick to Mark the grave and you bent down to do a small prayer for the deceased. Ace waited for you to finish. You then got up to leave. "You always pray when anything died even when we hunted as kids." 

"Someone has to make sure that their soul finds peace somehow." 

Luffy was moaning and complaining about the heat, Luffy took too much water for Usopp's and Sanji's liking. They were complaining that he drank too much. Zoro was pulling Chopper and soon there were some rocks ahead where you guys set up for the night. Sanji heated whatever you guys were eating for the night. You were huddled next to Chopper for his warmth but then you remembered Kuro and Shiro were also full of fur. When they came out they went to disturb Ace since they hadn't seen him in a long time. You hurdled near Chopper for warmth and fell asleep. You wake up to see Luffy holding a scorpion contemplating whether it was edible or not. "Luffy-san don't eat that it's poisonous."Vivi warned and Luffy throws it away disappointed he couldn't eat the 'desert shrimp.' A sandstorm comes so you guys hide behind the rocks to prevent getting carried away. The others that were sleeping woke up and you all started walking and it didn't take long before Luffy started complaining. "Sanji let's eat lunch." 

"That's up to Vivi to decide." Sanji said. "Vivi let's eat." Luffy really wanted that food bad.

"We can eat when we reach some rocks ." That gave Luffy some motivation. "Yosh! rock, paper scissors. Whoever wins has to carry everyone's bags." You and Ace didn't play the game. You were scared of winning and having to carry everyone's things in this heat. Luffy won and he had to carry everyone's bags. He started complaining about the rules he made. 

You held Chopper in your arms freezing his body slightly to reduce the feeling of the heat. The temperature change for him was very drastic, from a snow island straight into the desert.

Luffy saw rocks ahead and ran towards them. He then came back. "Bad news, Chopper there're birds that are injured come quick," Chopper jumped out of your arms and ran off with Luffy. 

"Oh no we need to hurry." Vivi said this and you all went rushing to the rocks. "Those birds are bandits and they trick people and steal their belongings, I should have told you guys sooner."

"I was tricked! Come back here you birds." Luffy shouted heading for the birds. "Luffy wait you'll waste your energy." Nami stated but it fell on deaf ears. You were already running after Luffy as well. He slowed down and the birds flew away. The ground started shaking and a plant just ate Luffy.

"Luffy!"