69. ௹ Farewell Merry ௹

You were excited that Luffy was finally done with his battle. He then began shouting from the ground.

"We're gonna go back together  Robin! Roooobiiiiinnnn!"

The enemies still outnumbered you guys vastly but Lucci's defeat seemed to help in breaking their spirit even, if it was just a little.

"He had me worried," Zoro said sighing out of relief.

"Same here." You added.

"So you finally did it Mugiwara," Franky stated.

"Luffy! Everyone! Get on the escape ship right away! We're gonna set sail!" Nami shouted heading to the ship, you looked at Luffy and he hadn't moved a muscle since being declared the winner.

There were voices coming from the speaker but this time it wasn't any of the marines.

"You did it Mugiwara-san . You morons! They can hear us. That's okay!
We'll let him know Anike!
Stop it! If we had just taken off we would be considered dead."

The voices sounded like Paulie and the Franky family.

You were right they hadn't died, they were alive and well.

"We're all okay," Kiwi added, "Sodom and Gomorrah are okay too." It sounded like Paulie  saved them all from imminent death.

Franky had been bawling his eyes out the past few seconds  wiping away the snot that was running down his face in relief that his family was safe.

"You idiots I'm so glad you are alive, I wasn't worried about you."

"Yes sir! But pirate mugiwara no Luffy also appears to be severely wounded! He isn't moving at all." Just as you suspected.

This was awful, if Luffy couldn't come here somebody had to go get him from there.

"Oi Luffy! What're you doing!? Hurry up and get your butt over here! We have to run or we won't survive! What's the matter we're almost there! Use your gum-gum to shoot yourself over. Once you're here, I'll carry you!" Usopp was pleading with him screaming at the top of his lungs.

You could hear his heavy breathing from where you were along with the struggling sounds of him trying to lift himself off the ground.

"We're surrounded by the sea and a bunch of battleships ! If we stay here, we're gonna be killed! Luffy! Luffy! Can you hear me? Luffy!?" Usopp's yelling was making your ears bleed. If Luffy was able to move he would have done it already, we had to just go get him ourselves.

"Usopp! Let's take the ship to the column where Luffy is. Everyone! Hurry up and get on the ship!" Nami was already on the ship with some others who were waiting for the rest.

"Fire!"

The government wasn't going to let us escape so easily, the escape ship was bombed and caught  fire. We were now stranded with no way to actually leave this place. What's worse is that there were people on that ship when it was shot down.

Out of the ashes came Sanji running out with everyone including a chibi version of Kuro. Thank goodness they were all safe.

The marines now with the upper hand wanted to corner and capture us, they wouldn't take lightly to disrespect. They fired at the bridge pushing us to the edge  into a single spot readying to swoop in.

You just needed to strike the attacking ship and hijack it but that wasn't looking in the least bit possible. The marines on the ground were still attacking. You hid Adira in fear of the rust-rust man.

"Dammit! They've finally taken out the entire bridge ! We're cornered on this column!" Sanji said after placing the people he was carrying down.

"We're out of options!" Zoro stated.