40. Sacrifice

Looking at the clock that was the most likely place it was and it seems someone has already found out. There was a red shot fired into the sky signalling that the location of the bomber has been found. You walked to the place where the signal had come from and seems you were a little too late.

Y/n pov

I looked around and there was nobody that I recognised. Maybe everyone had already gone. I looked at the ground and there was a note there. It said to go to the clock tower. I really should have stayed right where I was. It was always at important times like this this that my lack of brain cells became even more evident.

I had to now go back where I came from. I was walking down the street and there were bodies of both royal army soldiers and the members of the rebel army laying on the ground unconscious. I looked at them when my eyes landed on one that looked familiar. I crouched down to his level and indeed it was the guy that Vivi was with, the pale one with the cloak.

I shook him vigorously but he wasn't getting up. One look at the hand that had been shaking him and there was blood in the palm of my hand.

I shook Shiro and Kuro lightly in my hands to wake them up. "Could you two go back?" They should have recovered enough energy to do so. They then started to morph back into wherever they come from. I turned my attention back to the guy on the ground. I tore a piece off from my sleeve and pressed it where the wound was trying to apply as much pressure but there wasn't any time for this.

We needed to get rid of that bomb. I had progressed from lightly tapping his cheeks to now full on slapping him in an attempt to get him to wake up. He shot up raising his head and sat crisscrossed holding his head in pain. "What happened?" He asked me. You couldn't even explain why he was on the ground. Suddenly you feel your head pulsing and aching and you're already at the tower and Vivi is there.

"Vivi." You attempt to call out but she cannot hear you, you wave to try and capture her attention but it doesn't seem to work. You turn around and the sky is engulfed in pure white it was an explosion. You are brought back after seeing that. Realising that whatever it is has to do with this man standing in front of you still dazed from waking up. He seemed like he still wanted an answer.

"No time we have to go to the bomber at the tower." You begin to drag him with you but he pulls you back to him. "This way is faster." He points to his back and turns into a giant bird. You are on his back and in a few minutes you guys have arrived at the tower and Vivi is the only one there.

She seemed worried, the look on her face was one of distance and fear. She didn't know what to do. You see her conversing with the bird man and you decide to walk closer to the canon and you heard this really faint ticking sound. Shit.

Crocodile had thought to put a timer on the bomb in the case of  a future where he saw something going wrong.  At this point Vivi is crying and the guy is comforting her saying it was all going to be okay. He then turned into a bird. You were still cursing yourself for not having enough energy to turn the bomb off with your mysterious abilities. That's when you fully realised what exactly was transpiring and he was going to sacrifice himself to protect the over a million individuals fighting a war that they didn't even understand.

He carried the bomb up and higher into the sky. Time seemed to slow down and he was carrying the bomb higher until je reached high enough for it to explode. It did this is what you had seen and it was blindingly beautiful, the way these individuals put their lives on the line to protect what has been built for nearly 4000 years.

There was some silence on the battlefield which picked up as the  people continued fighting. You slid down from the tower using the smaller sword to graze the wall of the clock tower to slow down your arrival down, gravity was harsh and you didn't want to feel its full force right now.

You landed and Nami was pushing the crew members to try and stop the war but really there was nothing you could do. You don't know the people and more importantly they don't know you were a stranger. Who were you to tell them to stop?

"PLEASE STOP FIGHTING.!" Vivi was shouting at the top of her lungs as she had been for a while. You decided to do what you could hitting people with your stick, which was what Adira had become. This was like the fifth person when you saw something flying through the sky and it was Crocodile. Luffy had actually beaten him. A smile made its way onto your face, the main threat was taken care of but of course the people didn't know this so only a few felt the victory, the crew along with Vivi.

Vivi continues to shout but that's until you feel something wet on your hand. The sound of raindrops dropping on your mask drew your attention to the sky and it was indeed raining. This was enough to make the fighting stop, each appreciating the precipitation that was long overdue to fall. This was common ground there was silence and finally Vivi's voice was heard.  This was just the beginning of the end of the long nightmare that plagued the country known as Alabasta.