33. Yuba

I could taste the sweat as it it moved from my forehead and it made its way to my mouth entering my slightly parted lips. Since Ace left I was very distracted my mind wandering to what I had seen. All I had was that he was in a cell and the uniform that the guard had. This gift was more like a curse what's the point in seeing if I can't tell anyone about it. The last time it was Igaram but when I tried to warn him my tongue got ripped out by unknown forces what if any other form of communication I try can be blocked. I can't even think properly with all that noise. Luffy was running around the place punching the air. "What's up with him?" I asked too tired to check for myself. Chopper was in my arms he couldn't handle the weather well. "He ate more of that cactus." Usopp was also struggling with the heat. The only one who was good was Vivi she was used to it. Shiro got tired of carrying me so I let him go back to rest. "Chopper can you fix him up." I looked at the reindeer in my arms for an answer. A low hum was all he could produce.

"Zoro go help." Nami demanded. "And why should I listen to you?" "Don't forget about your debt." Nami had him hooked with the whole you owe me money thing. I start walking towards Luffy. "If you don't go to hell I'll kick you down there myself." Zoro grumpily followed behind and there was Luffy running around. "I've found you CROCODILE!" He then ran to Zoro and started fighting. "Chopper can you fix this?" Chopper was fully asleep, just great. I placed him on the sand and went to stop the fight that was beginning. They punched each other and both passed out. Here I was in the middle of the desert with my crew mates unconscious. "Kuro." He jumped out of my cloak and into my hands. "A little bigger please," he grew until his back reached my waist. I placed all three of them on Kuro hanging. I had walked but it was all sand nothing here looks familiar just when I think I'm getting somewhere I'm not. The wind was picking up. I turned back to see a sandstorm heading this was. This was bad. 

I got Adira out. "Kuro get behind me." It was coming fast. Can I really get rid of this thing? I'm doubting but if I don't do it we will be swallowed by the wind. I steadied my breathing and stance. One leg was forward and the other pointing to the side. It was now clearer , Adira was pulled back with the blade in the sand. I ran forward and jumped in the air. Bringing the blade up and then to the cyclone thingy and landing on the ground. Did I stop it? I actually did. The force was enough to cancel out the speed and wind that was carrying the sand. I looked up and sand started to fall down, I was shaking the sand off my cloak when Chopper woke up. "Ah what happened to these two." He then took a tiny bottle with a purple liquid from his bag making Zoro and Luffy sniff it waking up abruptly. "Kuro you can come back." Chopper translated. "Yes master feel free to use Shiro and I." He then shrank and went into my cloak. "Chopper maybe one day you should teach me how to talk to animals." 

"Where's everyone else Y/n did you get lost or something?" Luffy had the nerve. We got into this because of him. "Idiot we're separated because of you." Zoro was pulling on Luffy's cheek. We then started trying to get back on track. I looked down and just like before there were no footprints. "Chopper do you smell anything?" Our only hope of finding them was with the cute doctor's blue nose. "No I can't." 

"That means they aren't in the direction the wind is coming from." The fact that Zoro had actual knowledge on navigation scared me heavily, how does he get lost then. "Zoro where is your right?" I had to be sure he wasn't cursed or something. "You think I'm dumb or something it's this way." He pointed right. There wasn't enough time to deal with his curse now saving the country comes first.

We walked and walked and Luffy was behind the three of us moaning about how hot it was. "Huh maybe I did choose the wrong crew." Chopper wasn't wrong it was just Luffy's antics. 

"How is it all of you are Mavericks but are still in the same crew." This was a good question. "Yeah we hear a lot of how we have no teamwork. But everyone's goals are different but we are still in the same crew. As time goes I've found a new goal to work to as well. As long as everyone does their part it shouldn't matter if we have the same goals."

"Rocks ahead." Before I could reason with what was happening I was in the air and flying fast not slowing down I had done this enough times to stick the landing each time. I curved my feet making my toes point upwards so that I could make my heels dig into the soil. Chopper went flying ahead and all Zoro was tasting were the grainy sand particles having fallen face first. Zoro then starts sinking to the ground. I dove into the hole and landed on Zoro's stomach. "Ah sorry." 

"Just like Luffy." I got up dusting myself off and we were in some kind of dome. There was a large block with writing on it. "What's something like this..." 

"...doing underground." I turned back to see Luffy had also fallen in. "Did you leave Chopper alone.?" Zoro was worried about him just like a big brother. "He was also falling in." 

Chopper then fell from the ceiling and crashed down. I turned back to look at the block. I had seen something like this before. I held my head trying to remember. Yeah! Shanks would be happy when we found something like this it had a name. "They are ancient writings." Chopper said. "Zoro help me lift this thing out of the ground." He lifted one side and I  pulled up the other side. This thing was heavy. I took out some of my lighter paints and one of the largest papers I had. "Hold this please." Zoro held the paper as I painted on the block. After I held one corner and he the other copying the text on it. "Y/n why are you copying something like this?" I rolled up the paper, touched the ground and dropped it in there. "It might be of use."

We were flying through the sky again after Luffy's got us out of the hole. Evening was approaching fast the sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful mix of reds and oranges. I could stare at this forever it was the most beautiful thing I had seen in a while. Now that it had cooled down Luffy had energy and was running around. "I can smell Nami's perfume," Chopper had picked up her scent. "Where?" Luffy wanted to get there fast. "Towards the sunset." Luffy ran after hearing that and we had to run as well. We climbed a hill when I saw them down there.

Sanji was looking at the paper that Ace left Luffy and there was nothing on it. "Y/n do you have one?" I took the paper out and it was the same there was nothing on it. "Same nothing here." Lashes started eating the vivre card Luffy had and he took it back. "I'll stitch it into your hat. Do you want me to stitch yours Y/n?" 

"Nah I'm good." I threw the paper into the other dimension knowing it will be safe.

"Yuba is just over those rocks." Vivi said as she pointed ahead of us.