16

Everyone was so busy with their workload.

"Aarush, beta, come fast," his mother called for him.

"Coming, mom," he replied.

I was watching everyone so busy with their work. They were tired but still looked happy. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, I can't now because my family's happiness lies in this.

Looking at her ring, she sadly smiled and said, "Get ready for your new life, Amisha. You have to make Vivaan regret. Trust me, Vivaan Oberoi, I will make you regret your decision of marrying me. I'll marry you and make your life hell, and you yourself will leave me." She smirked at her thought and went inside to call Vani.

"Vani, where are you?" she asked.

"Just coming. I'm on the way, Amuu," Vani replied and ended the call.

Oh god, one more headache. What was the need for this cocktail party? It's just so tiring. I don't want to get ready. She talked to herself and grabbed her hair in frustration. Soon, Vani came while breathing hard.

"Take it easy," Amisha said and made her sit.

"Oh god! Amu! Amu, you know I had to run all the way here," Vani replied.

"It's okay. Here, have some water," Amisha said, handing her the glass of water.

"Let's get you ready first of all," Vani said, making Amisha roll her eyes.

"Oh god, no Vani. It's so tiring," Amisha said.

"Not again, Amu. Don't make excuses. Here, take your dress and go change at once. We only have two hours left. Aunty is also calling you," Vani said and pushed her forward in the direction of the washroom.

She was going towards the washroom, but her phone buzzed, indicating that someone was calling her. She looked up at the screen and rolled her eyes before rejecting the call. However, he sent her a message instead.

"Pick up, or I am calling on my mother-in-law's phone."

He called her again, and while gritting her teeth, she had to answer.

"Hello," she said.

"Hello, sweetheart," he replied from the other side.

"What do you want?" she asked in a straight tone.

"That's very rude of you. Do I have to have a reason to call you?" he said innocently over the call.

"Speak up."

"Okay, fine. I was saying that you are going to wear the dress which I'm going to send you now," he said.

And she sensed that he might be talking about the dress he bought for her at the mall, that black, shining one, and took it with himself.

"I won't wear that dress in front of the family. That's so inappropriate," she replied.

"Which dress are you talking about?" he asked, raising one eyebrow in confusion. After a second, he understood what she was saying.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I myself won't let you wear that dress in front of everyone because I want you only for myself, and you'll wear it only for me," he stated.

"Now, don't waste time and wear the dress that I'm sending to you," he said and hung up the call, leaving her dumbfounded.

She received the dress after about 20 minutes, and she had to admit it was really a pretty decent one. Vani helped her get ready.

Her mother also appreciated her because she really looked like a princess. Soon, the Singhania family set off for the venue.

The venue was so pretty that all the people present there were amazed by the view. Of course, why wouldn't they be? The two big empires were having a relationship. The Oberois and the Singhania's, both of them were powerful.