41

Follow on insta: _.purplesky12
••••

"Ugh," he growled, gripping his hair tightly in a fist, irritated by her behavior. "Why can't she just get this one thing? He would never let her go."

Next morning-

"Mom, she is coming tomorrow" Vivaan said to Shalini while munching on his toast, which made her halt in her eating.

"Who?" She asked

"Vohi jo saal me ek bar ati hai or apki raato ki neend uda deti hai" (who comes once a year and steals away your night's sleep) he said chuckling and she just choked on her juice.

"What? Why?" she asked, and he looked at her.

"What do you mean by why, Mom? She always comes once a year." He replied .

" Is this any of your doing?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, doubting him.

On which he lightly gulped and drank down the apple juice and replied, "Are you doubting me, Mom? Why would I do such a thing?"

"Who knows if it's one of your plans or not," she answered, making him whine like a child who was continuously trying to make his mother believe that he was innocent.

But because of his some 'good deeds', she couldn't believe him.

"Mom! I am innocent, and she just had her second heart attack. Maybe that's the reason she is in a hurry to meet us, and also she didn't come to our wedding and couldn't meet my wife," he answered, on which she nodded and placed another parantha on her plate.

(Nani- maternal grandmother)

"Hmm, right. But what should we do if she is coming, that means Amisha should be here; otherwise, teri nani maa to mujhe taane de deke mardegi. Akhir unki nazron me to main aaj bhi teri dai hi hu," (Your grandmother will scold me to death. After all, in her eyes, I'm still your caretaker) Shalini answered, when tears welled up in the corner of her eyes, which didn't go unnoticed by Vivaan.

(What did you think who's coming?Yeh to Nani-maa nikli.😏)

He got up from his seat and went towards her and wiped her eyes.

"Kehne do jisko jo kehna hai. Mere liye aap meri maa ho," (Let anyone say whatever they want. For me, you are my mother.)-- he said, and she gave him a small smile.

"Mom, she is strictly warned not to take any kind of stress. But when she'll come and not spot Amisha here, she'll overthink, create drama, and also her heart condition isn't good; she just recovered," he said, on which Shalini nodded.

"But what should we do? We can't force Amisha to come here," she said, on which he internally smirked and innocently replied, "Mom, you—you can ask her; she won't deny you."

"Are you out of your mind? How can I? I won't force her; she's my daughter. I would never force her for anything. Moreover, it would be like favoring you," she replied, on which he scrunched up his nose.

"But it's for Nani, not for me. She can come until Nani stays and then go back," he said, giving an idea.

Shalini thought it over for a minute and then said, "I'll go to Singhanias today," on which he suddenly stood up and yelled.

"I'll come too." His reaction made her doubt him.

"Why are you so excited?" she asked.

"I am not. It's just—I haven't seen her in weeks. Yeah, that's it," he replied and then sat back, just like a good boy, making her nod, or more like making her believe his act.