21

Since the morning, he was smiling like a maniac. Everyone in the office was shocked to see their boss's new behavior.

He never smiled, but now he couldn't stop smiling. Even when the employees greeted him, he smiled back for the very first time in all these years.

However, he still did not greet them because, no matter what, he is Vivaan Oberoi-the epitome of coldness to everyone but not to his loved ones.

Sitting on his grand bossy chair, rotating the paperweight with his index finger, he was lost in his thoughts when a knock interrupted him.

"Come in," he answered from the other side.

Ahir entered the room, and Vivaan got up from his place to hug him.

"What's up, bro?" Ahir said and lightly hit his shoulder.

"Nothing much. Well, can you tell me, my majesty, why didn't you come to my reception?" he asked and sat back on his chair.

"An urgent meeting came up, so sorry," Ahir answered.

"Well, nothing new. You always have excuses," he replied while still twisting the paperweight. Ahir sat across from him on the couch and said,

"We need to catch up on a lot of things. I've missed out on a lot."

"Sure," Vivaan replied.

"So, first, tell me what's going on with the Singhania family."

"What do you mean by that? They are my in-laws. Isn't it that simple to understand?" Vivaan replied and looked at him, leaving the paperweight back in its place.

"I meant, how did this marriage happen, and why are you so obsessed with her when she doesn't love you? What's all this? Why didn't you tell me the whole thing?" Ahir asked, crossing his legs and sitting more comfortably, with one of his eyebrows raised expecting answers from his bestfriend.

Vivaan sighed, stood up, and kept his hands in his pocket. He moved to the couch beside Ahir and started telling him everything.

Once he was done, Ahir's lips parted in anticipation of hearing about Vivaan's obsession.

"But bro, I'm dubious. What if this obsession leads to something unfortunate?" Ahir said.

"That depends on her behavior. She shouldn't make it difficult for me to handle," Vivaan replied, looking straight ahead.

"Are you sure you'll be able to make her yours, make her fall in love with you, make her head over heels?" Ahir asked. Vivaan nodded in response and said, "100%."

"But don't do anything to hurt her. She won't forgive you if you do anything nonsensical."

"I promise I won't. If I do, you'll be the first to punish me," Vivaan said, making him laugh.

"Then good for you. I'm so happy for you," Ahir said and hugged Vivaan.

"Well, come for dinner, bro. It's been so long," he asked.

"Sure, I'll come tomorrow evening. Consider it done. Now I'm going. Bye, and don't do anything stupid that you'll regret later," Ahir reminded him. Vivaan nodded happily and bade him goodbye for the day.

"Hmm, let's see what my wife is doing," he said to himself and opened his laptop to view the camera feed. Yes, he had installed a camera in their bedroom, but only he had access to the footage.

The camera was programmed to record for a duration of 14 hours.

( I'm not sure if a camera like that exists *lol* , but let's assume it does for the sake of the story.)