27

Dedicated to Purbareads :)

| Amisha |

I was so focused on my work that I didn't realize when Mr. Verma came and tapped on my table. He snapped his fingers in front of me, and that's when I noticed him.

"Yes, sir," I quickly stood up and bowed to him.

"Han han, (yes,yes fine) did you prepare Akash Malhotra's file?" he said with rudeness. Oh god, how much I want to destroy his face; he always talks to me with rudeness.

"Sorry, sir, I forgot," I replied as softly as I could, lowering my gaze to the ground.

"Mrs. Amisha, I just don't get you. People like you are worthless; they don't know how to do anything nicely, yet you have the audacity to pursue law," he said with so much anger that my eyes filled up with tears.

I'm not a girl to cry over anything, but the moment he called me worthless and insulted me, I just wanted to go to Vivaan's embrace. But I can't tell it to him too because he'll not spare this man.

"Sorry, sir, it won't happen again," I said, but that's when he growled in anger and shouted at me again, "you're so stupid. Oh god, I just want to fire you now from work and-" I was waiting for him to complete his sentence, but when I listened, he went quiet all of a sudden.

I looked up and was shocked to see the scene in front of me. Vivaan was glaring at Mr. Verma, and he went quiet just from Vivaan's one glare. And here I was thinking, what was going to happen next? Will Vivaan shout at him?

"Hmm, so Mr. Verma, you have the audacity to shout at my wife, huh?" he asked, and I could see fear spreading across Verma's face. I gulped hard upon hearing Vivaan's fierce voice.

"Sir-si- I didn't know Amisha was your wife," Verma replied nervously.

"It's 'mam' for you," Vivaan said firmly, making Verma nod his head repeatedly.

"Sorry, mam, sorry. I didn't know you were Sir's wife," he said, looking at both of them in confusion, wondering why he was calling Vivaan "Sir."

"Ikhtab," Vivaan called.

Ikhtab, one of his men, came over; I knew him as he's the only one who drops me off at the firm and then picks me up. Vivaan never lets me go alone, and I don't know why.

"This firm should get closed by tomorrow at any cost," Vivaan ordered, making my eyes widen. He then turned to me.

"Let's go," he said, holding my hand, but I didn't budge from my position. I was so shocked about what just happened; I couldn't make sense of things.

Before I could react or say anything, Mr. Verma was at Vivaan's feet, begging for his firm's survival.

"Sir, please, this is my only source of income. Please have mercy on me, don't do this to me, I beg you," he pleaded, and then he came towards my feet, but before he could touch them, Vivaan kicked him.

"Don't touch her, even if it's for begging. You don't have any right to touch her," I felt chills hearing his growling voice.

"Come here, Amisha," he ordered sternly, but seeing me not coming, he pressed his lips into a thin line and then loosened his tie, trying to ease up his frustration.

"I won't come unless you change your decision," I said and folded my hands. When he mouthed 'what' and then came towards me, grabbing my hand, he took me outside of the firm.

I jerked his hand off, and I could see his eyes darken. To be honest, I got scared, but I acted strong.

"Stop it now, please, and hop in the car," he said, showing me his palm.