36

As she fainted, a pain struck his head, feeling as though someone had just stabbed him.

He stood up unsteadily and covered her with a duvet. Then, he slid down to the floor, covering his head with both palms. He couldn't bear it.

"Arghh."

He closed his eyes, and a flashback appeared before him.

With a sudden jerk, he opened his eyes and screamed,

"Dad!"

He got up and then his gaze fell upon the frail figure lying on the bed.

Unnoticed by him, tears streamed down his face. With cautious steps, he approached the bed, sat on the ground, and delicately caressed her face with his fingers.

His lips quivered, his entire body trembling. With shaky hands, he stroked her head and then broke into tears.

"No, no, no, why did I let my beast take over me? No, what have I done?"

He cried and buried his face in the sheets, still damp from her salty tears.

He held her hand and wept as much as he could.

"Meeshah, please forgive me. No, no, I can't do this. It's not me who has done this. It's not me; I can never hurt my love, my heart," he said, shaking his head, denying his sin, trying to convince himself that he wasn't a wrongdoer.

"She'll think that I raped her, but... but she isn't wrong. If she hadn't fainted, then I would have done just that.

No, no, how could I become deaf to her pleas? She was crying; it was hurting her. How can I hurt her when I was supposed to be the one to protect her?"

He couldn't believe that he had done this. He knew Amisha would leave him, hate him for eternity, would never forgive him.

He repeatedly tried to assert that
'he didn't do it'.

He went to the other side of the bed and pulled the blanket over himself, but then he realized she wasn't wearing her dress; she had only her bra and shorts on.

He got out of bed, fetched one of his shirts, and gently dressed her in it while she remained unconscious.

Like a child seeking comfort, he hugged her and nestled into her chest, attempting to shield himself from what he had done just moments ago.

Morning 4 a.m. -

Her eyes opened weakly. She looked to both sides; her eyes were in a lot of pain due to crying last night.

She felt a weight on her chest, just to see the monster's head on her chest. She removed his head without any noise.

She didn't want to wake him up, so she just got up with her lips quivering, remembering last night.

She thought that he had used her when she was unconscious, of course she would think that.

As soon as she could, she went inside the bathroom to change his shirt into something that could cover her hands and her neck.

She was in such a hurry that she was afraid if he woke up, he wouldn't leave her.

She was walking so carelessly that her leg hit the stool, but in order to not make any noise, she pressed her lips.

She was going out of the room when she heard him mumbling something.

She got scared that maybe he was waking up. She hurriedly ran downstairs, and because no one was in the house, it was easy for her to escape.