38

I don't know why I keep changing the cover. Is this one good, or was the previous one better? Please let me know how's the cover :)
_____

"How are you? Are you feeling any pain? Should I call the doctor?" he was cut off midway by Vani.

"At least let her breathe," she said and then moving a stool near her bed, she made Aarush sit on it.

"Bata na, kesi hai?" (please tell me how are you?) he tried so hard to not break down in front of her, but he couldn't control it.

Seeing his sister lying like this on the hospital bed, his heart was shattering every moment. She was the person whom he loved more than anyone, even more than his parents.

"Theek hu bhai, apki hi to behen hu. Sorry, apko itna pareshan Kara," ( I am fine bhai I am your sister I'll be fine) she said and raised up her hand, wiping her brother's eyes

While Vani was just adoring the brother-sister duo, it was so pure, so beautiful, so loving.

"Pareshan toh kara hai Amisha, I won't lie. Meri saansein ruk gayi jab tujhe aise dekha. Don't you know your importance in my life?"
(Amisha, you have really troubled me, I won't lie. My breath stopped when I saw you like that. Don't you know your importance in my life?) He said in a broken voice as tears were interrupting his speech.

"Sorry Bhai, it's just..." she didn't complete when Vani placed her palm over hers and nodded at her, indicating that she doesn't need to explain.

"Chinta mat kar, tera bhai hai na," (Don't worry you've your brother by your side) the only words he could say, and suddenly the door opened, flashing Vivaan in front of her eyes.

Not lying, but he looked like he was at his worst. She had never seen him like this. Yesterday she witnessed a different version of him, and now another.

He was coming closer to her with each step, and the closer he got, the more fearful she became. She tightly held Vani's hand, which made her look at Amisha.

He kneeled before her, making her sit. Suddenly, she hugged Aarush sideways, trying to hide her face in her brother's embrace.

"Go from here," Aarush said, but he shook his head in denial as he wasn't going to listen to anyone.

"Galti maane bina nahi jaunga," he replied back, still not looking anywhere except her. His all focus was on her." (I won't go without admitting my mistake)

"I..." He pressed his lips and closed his eyes together. Then, taking a deep breath, he said,

"I know I am no longer worthy to stay in your vision. I know you will never forgive me. Ek baar aur bharosa karne ko bolu toh kar logi nahi na? Maafi mangunga toh dedogi nahi na? Kya karu, marjaunga tumhare bina. Janta hu hak nahi hai, par marjaunga without my heart," he said and cried.

(I know I am no longer worthy to stay in your vision. I know you will never forgive me. Should I ask you to trust me once more? You will not do it right ? If I ask for forgiveness,you will not grant it right? What should I do? I'll die without you. I know I don't have any right, but I'll die without my heart.)

She was witnessing this whole new version of him. Her heart didn't soften at his state because she didn't even look in his eyes. She could never forget what he did with her; he forced her; who knows if he had used her too.

"Done? Now go," Aarush said, but Vivaan didn't budge from his place. Instead, he moved to Amisha and held her hand, which made her panic a lot.

She shouted, "Bhai! Bhai! Vani! He'll—he'll hurt me. It's—it's dangerous-"