!1!

(Tw: alcohol and blood)

I woke up to the sounds of screaming. I ran down stairs to see blood around my unconscious mother. My step dad looked at me with his blood dripping fist clenching a bloody broken bottle.

"Mom!" I yelled dropping to her side. I held her face, her blood now all over my hands. "Mom! What have you done!" I yelled at my step dad, tears pouring out of my eyes. "Shut the fuck up and go to your room or I'll pound you into the ground!" my step dad yelled.

I looked at him and all the beer surrounding his chair. "You're fucking drunk again!" I yelled standing up. He came at me and I ran for the door. It was already open and I bolted out of it. He ran after me screaming, "GET BACK HERE OR I'LL KILL YOU".

I ran faster and faster until I was two blocks away from the house. I took a second to breathe before jogging to find a phone. I grabbed the change I had in my pocket and called Lars.

I knew Lars from a record store downtown. He came in one day while I was working and bought a bunch of good records. That was about a year ago. He came in more and more and we became friends. His parents were so nice to me. Though his mother didn't speak very good English. They always made sure I was ok and taken care of, they knew my home life wasn't the best.

The phone rang and I huffed into it. "Hello?" Torben answered. "Hey Mr. Ulrich. Um, I was wondering if I could stay at your guy's place for a little while." I huffed into the phone. "Of course. You are always welcome. May I ask why?". "I can explain when I get there. Thank you guys so much." I said hanging up the phone.

I started walking as Lars lived, he lived in a decent neighborhood and I lived in downtown San Francisco. I had made it about two blocks when my step dads truck honked at me.

I saw it and bolted down the street turning right randomly. I ran pretty far before I slammed into someone. "Shit sorry!" I yelled behind me before taking off again. I stopped when I didn't see his truck anymore.

There was a gas station nearby so I walked to it. I walked in and looked at the cashier. "Do you have a phone?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded and pointed at the phone on the wall. I thanked him and began to call Lars again hoping he'd answer this time.

I punched in the number and called it. "Hello?" Lars' voice said. "Hey can you maybe pick me up. I'm at the gas station on Taylor and Park." I said. "Yes but when me and James get there you're going to tell me what's happening. Dad told me you're staying here for a while." He said before hanging up.

I hung up the phone and walked to the drinks. I grabbed a 50 cent pop and paid for it. I sat against the building waiting for Lars. I thought about what happened and me running for it.

James' truck pulled up and honked at me. I got up and got in the truck. James pulled out and Lars looked at me. I sighed and explained to him and tears came out of my eyes. Lars nodded and put his arm around me. We drive in silence for the rest of the ride.

We pulled up to the house and got out. As we walked inside Lars called out, "Look who we found wandering the streets!". He wasn't entirely kidding but still made me chuckle. Lone ran down the stairs and hugged me.

"So good to see you." She said, I hugged her back. We let go and walked to the kitchen. Lone yelled to Torben, who was in the backyard, in Danish. He came in and hugged me too.

Lars and James went to his room. "So tell me dear. What happened." Torben asked. I told them, trying the best I could not to cry this time. They told me I was welcome to stay for as long as I needed. I thanked them and went to Lars' room.