!36!

I woke up to someone shaking me. "What?" I said as I looked at Lars who was shaking me. "Taryn wanted me to wake you up and I want to ask you something!" He said with a smile plastered on his face.

I sat up as he sat on my bed. "So what happened with you and Cliff! You guys were so smiley when you came home last night. Plus! YOU HAVE HIS SHIRT ON!", "Lars. I just fucking woke up and you're asking me questions. You of anyone should know I can't function when I wake up. Let me wake up and I'll get back to you." I said getting up and walking out of my room.

I walked to the bathroom to hear the shower running. "I don't care who you are, let me in! I have to piss!" I said banging on the door. "It's unlocked!" Cliff yelled.

I opened the door and took a piss. I flushed the toilet and as I walked out I heard Cliff shout before a slam. "Are you good?" I asked, looking at the closed shower curtain. "Yup," he said lightly.

I walked out and into the living room. Taryn sat on the couch fully ready, "So where are we going after I get ready." I said getting into the fridge. "Legal change of names office then the mall." She said walking over to me.

"Cool. What are you change your name too?" I asked taking a drink of cranberry juice. "Natalya Jasmine Taylor." She said, grabbing the jug out of my hand. I nodded and sat on the counter.

"Are you gonna get ready?" She asked. "Cliff's in the shower." I said, grabbing my juice from her. All she did was smile at me and look from my eyes to his shirt I have on.

The bathroom door opened and out came Cliff. His hair was still wet. I sighed and got off the counter. I went to my room and grabbed something comfy but not to where I look like I just got out of bed.

I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. "Ember I have to piss!" Lars said from behind the door. I grabbed my clothes and opened the door. "There you need bitch." I said walking to my room. I put my hair in the towel as I got dressed.

"Hey do you have a detangle spray? My hair is matted

"Hey do you have a detangle spray? My hair is matted." Cliff said, walking in my room. I was about to put my shirt on as he walked in. "Oh yeah, let me find it." I said walking over to where I had all my hair and makeup products.

"Uh here." I said throwing it at him. "Kids?" he asked me with a smile. "I have bought that brand since like 8th grade ok. It works really well and the smell is amazing. It smells like watermelon." I said, grabbing my shirt and putting it on.

"Thank you." he said before walking out, closing my door. I put up my hair as I finished getting ready.

I was tying my shoes when the door opened. "This fuckin work." Cliff said, closing the door before putting the bottle where he saw me grab it from.

"I told you so. Just because it's kids doesn't mean it doesnt work." I said standing up. I stood at my dresser putting something in my crossbody back when his arms slithered around my waist and he put his head on my shoulder. "Hello Mr. Button." I said looking at him. "Hi." he said with a smirk.

I smiled and looked back down at what I was putting in my bag. He removed one of his hands from my waist and grabbed my necklace looking at it. "Where'd you get this?" He asked, looking at it.

"The necklace and ring I have on are from a little jewelry box my dad gave me before he passed. He told me before he died that the jewel in the middle signifies the moon." I said finishing with my bag. He let go of me but held onto my necklace looking at me. "The moon?" he said with a raised eyebrow. (please someone get my reference😭)

"Yes, the moon. Partly because it looks somewhat like the moon, but he told me that the moon shall always be in the moon at night and day. You can't always see it but it's always there. He told me he wants me to think of him that way. That no matter what he is still around." I said as a tear came out of my eye. He wiped the tear and didn't say anything, just a light smile on his face.

I looked down at the jewel with bird claws around that he held in his hands. "My dad wasn't always able to give me the best but he always made sure I knew he loved me. He would take me to do things when he could and always made sure I had a smile on my face when I was around him. He would take me out to do simple things like walks around the city or going looking around record stores and sometimes buying me one. He bought me my first record, Preaching the Blues by Fleetwood Mac. He made me learn to love the simple things in life. All of the time I spent around him I never once thought about ending it all like I did with my mom. He always put a smile on my face. Even during the divorce he tried to make me feel better before my mother would come yelling and screaming at him. He wasn't always able to give me everything or the best life but he always loved me and was the best dad I could ask for." I said tears knowing slowly falling from my eyes.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight, his shirt soaking up my tears. I took a deep breath and relaxed myself to make myself stop crying. I looked up at him as he lightly smiled at me with such care in his eyes.

"Hey Em, are you ready?" Taryn said just coming through my door. She stopped when she saw me and Cliff hugging. We both pulled back from the embrace and I felt my face get hot. She stood there with a giant smile on her face as me and Cliff just stood there.

"Uh... I'm just gonna go now. Thanks again." Cliff said walking out. "Yup." I said with an upside down smile. He smiled at be before he left, shutting the door.

"Oh my fucking god! Are you two dating!" she asked watching over to me. "No!" I said rolling my eyes but I felt a stupid smile on my face at that thought. "Oh my gawd! You're smiling! You are telling me what is happening in the car." she said as she dragged me out to the car.