!56!

We sat there in the sun for what seemed like hours but really was only about 5 minutes. "EMBER!" Someone yelled. I opened my eyes and put my hand on my face to guard my eyes from the sun. Sky Jones was walking towards me and Cliff. I froze.

I hadn't seen her since high school. She used to bully me back in school for being weird. I hated her with all my heart. She used to make me do all this shit because she knew something from my childhood I had told no one else. We were friends when I first moved here but then dumped me before highschool.

She was my first kiss and my first girlfriend. No one but her and I knew that. We were young and experimenting. She held it over my head, told me if I didn't do what I wanted her to, she would tell the whole school that I pushed myself upon her and kissed her. That's not how it happened tho. It was quite the opposite. I hate her.

I only got out of my thoughts after feeling a nudge from Cliff. I looked at him before looking back to see Sky right in front of me. "Uh...Hi Sky." I said visibly uncomfortable. Cliff seemed to notice and put his hand on top of mine which was planted in the sand for me to sit up.

"It's been awhile!" She said with a cocky smile. I nodded and upside down smiled at her. She looked from me to Cliff before back to me with a weird face. "I see you still haven't changed much." She said, smiling at me.

She was referring to Ron. He was a Metalhead just like me. Long hair and everything. I dated him from the end of Highschool till about a year ago. He was part of the band at one point. She always said the most foul things about me and him to the whole school. And the only reason she was referring to him right now is cuz Cliff had long hair. In her eyes men with long hair are all the same. Freaks.

"Haha... Yeah." I said looking down. I wasn't scared of her, I really wanted to fight her but the things she put me through in high school scarred me. "I see you are still a freak." She said bending down to look at me closer. I felt Cliff tense up and I looked back at him pleading with my eyes to say nothing yet at the same time to say something.

"I don't know who you're talking to. You think she's a freak cuz she's herself. At Least she's doesn't bleach her asshole and brag about fucking every guys she sees. Nor is she a spoiled little daddies girl who thinks just cuz she's popular and rich means she can control everyone like you." Cliff said to her, visibly angry.

I heard her gasp and I knew her jaw had dropped. I turned around to see her jaw dropped. She chuckled them smiled looking me dead in the eyes, "Does you're boyfriend know?" She asked with a smile.

"No... You know what! Tell him! I do not care anymore Sky! WE AREN'T IN HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE! It's not even bad what happened except for how it happened. Just as long as you don't tell him your little fucked up version of what happened. Actually! I'll tell him!" I said, turning my head back to Cliff.

"Sky was my first kiss but it only happened because she forced herself on me and she had me trapped underneath her net of manipulation. I even dated her cuz I felt I had to." I said before turning back to her and standing up. "There! He knows! Now leave me and him alone before I fuck you up! I never want to see your ugly face again!" I said balling my fists up.

She looked at my shook before practically running away. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I turned around and looked at Cliff. He had a smile on his face. Nothing but sympathy and love in his eyes.

I sat back down between his legs and he wrapped his arms around me. "You know I don't care about stuff like that right? The past is the past." He said hanging his head on my shoulder and holding me tighter.

"I know neither do I... But she made it a huge thing and used it to terrorize me in high school. Only that she would tell people that it was me who did it to her." I said feeling like tears were gonna fall out of my eyes even though none were there.

He kissed my cheek and let go before sitting back in his hands. I put my head back on his stomach and shut my eyes.

Cliff pov

I watched Ember as she closed her eyes and got comfortable. I chuckled as she was definitely asleep. How did she fall asleep? Who knows.

I played with a piece of her hair as I watched Kirk try to drown Lars. I laughed, making her stir. He smiled at her as James walked on shore with an empty beer can. "Hand me one." I said lightly. He nodded and grabbed us both a can.

He walked over and sat by me and Ember. "She's asleep?" James asked with a weird look on her face. I nodded and opened my beer. James and I talked for a little while as Kirk and Lars were trying to drown each other. "Did we crash that date you were planning?" James asked me after a moment of silence.

I nodded and put my can down before playing with Ember's hair again. "Well I'll make it up to you. I'll keep Lars out of your guys' hair." He said with a chuckle. I chuckled, "Thanks man." I said.