!9!

Cliff pov

We had finished most of my weed, half of each bottle of liquor and all of the 24 pack of beer. I was drinking the whiskey Ember had poured everyone when she had stumbled into the kitchen.

She sat on the floor with her knees to her chest swaying back and forth. She fell on her side, making me chuckle. James noticed and bursted out laughing. "You know! This is comfy!" She yelled, closing her eyes.

I started to laugh as James started uncontrollably laughing. We laughed as she fell asleep on the floor. After we stopped I looked at her. She looked so calm and peaceful.

"Where do you want me to put her?" I said standing up. "I don't know! My room I guess!" James yelled while watching tv. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to James' bed.

I laid her down and turned to leave. She had a tight hold on my wrist. I tried to pry it off but she grabbed harder. "Ember let go!" I said. "No! NO! NO! NO! NO! STOP IT CHRIS!" She yelled, grabbing tighter. She had tears pouring down her face.

I freaked out and shook her. "Ember! Wake up!" I yelled. She shot up terrified and looking around the room. Tears poured out of her eyes hard. She looked at me with her beautiful but terrified eyes.

"Hey, it's ok it was just a dream you're safe." I said, grabbing her hand. I went to say something else but she shot her arms around my waist catching me by surprise. I held her head that was buried in my stomach.

After a minute she looked up at me with a single tears falling from her eye. I wiped it away, "You're ok, I promise. Now go back to sleep." I said as she let go. I turned around to leave but she grabbed my arm with her death grip again.

She looked from my eyes to her legs, "please stay." She said in a very soft voice. I sighed and smiled at her. "Scooch over." I said taking off my jacket and shoes.

She scooted over and laid down. I got under the covers. She was already asleep. I laid there and looked at the ceiling. She rolled over and laid her head in my chest. I smiled down at her and played with her hair.

This strange woman had me smiling. 'Why is she so special?' I asked myself. She probably wouldn't even be doing this if she wasn't scared and crossfaded. I laid there with her wrapped around me.

James came in to see where I was. He was loud so I shushed him. "She told me not to leave cuz she was scared and now I can't get up. Will you go get me a beer?" I whispered trying not to wake her. James nodded and walked off laughing.

She pushed her head into my chest more and scratched her nose. She was so beautiful. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep with her in my arms.

James pov

I came back to give Cliff his beer but he was Dead asleep. They looked so comfy and in a weird way cute. I never thought I would be calling Ember or Cliff cute but then laying there they seemed like a good match.

I left the beer and went to sleep in the couch.