!51!

I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the road while Cliff lightly tapped the wheel to the beat of Motorbreath. I felt Cliff reach over and grab something before clicking something on the stereo. I opened my eyes at the sound of Space Oddity by David Bowie playing.

I looked up at Cliff with a smile, he looked down at me with a smirk before looking back at the road. I hummed along with the song until it ended. As The Man Who Sold The World began the truck pulled over and stopped. I sat up and saw the record store from yesterday. I smiled and grabbed my bag, "C'mon slow poke!" I said practically pushing him out of the truck.

He chuckled as I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the store. I walked in and saw that same kid that was there last time. I tried to walk away before he could say something but that didn't work. "Hey there sexy! Come back to see me?" The jock asked without even seeing Cliff next to me.

I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away with Cliff but he stood his ground staring at the kid. He let go of my hand and walked closer to where the kid stood with anger boiling in his eyes. "I don't know who you are but I'll tell you who I am. I'm HER boyfriend and if I hear you say anything like that to her again. Well, let's just say you don't want to know the types of things I would do to you." Cliff said before walking back over to me. All I could think was 'HER boyfriend'?

I smiled up at him before walking to the section I needed. I started digging through the vinyls with the help of Cliff. "Is it this one?" Cliff said from behind me. I turned around and saw the Meat Puppets self titled album. "Yes!" I said grabbing it before hugging him. He chuckled deep from his chest, I could feel the vibrations on my face.

I looked up at him and he kissed my nose. I giggled and let go of him to go over to the punk section. "So now we are just looking for Evilive?" He asked to look through the bins with me. I nodded while flipping through the bin in front of me.

I stopped at an album that looked interesting, the only words on the album were 'Suicidal Tendencies' and it had some people standing upside down on what looked like a playground. I picked it up and looked at it in the light. "What's that?" Cliff asked, looking at me. "I don't know? I've never heard of this band." I said giving him the record.

He looked at it and nodded, handing it back to me. I sat it down with the other record and went back to looking. "I'll go ask." Cliff said, getting up with a groan. "Ok old man!" I said looking at him. He looked at me and rolled his eyes with that smirk he always had on his face.

I went back to looking while Cliff was gone. I started to hum Jump in the Fire as I looked through the bins. I felt a hand touch me and I freaked out. I turned around quickly and saw Cliff with a record in his hand. "Shit you scared me!" I said as he grabbed my hand to help me up.

I bent over and grabbed the records off the floor. I turned around and saw Cliff's red face. I smiled and took the record in his hands from him and walked to the stairs. I turned around to find Cliff right behind me. "Why hello!" I said turning back around and walking down stairs. Cliff chuckled and followed behind me.

I looked over to the book Nat was at the other day and walked over there. I looked at the very few books they had. They were all old and used, I took one off the shelf and saw it was Alice in wonderland. I grabbed it and walked over to Cliff who was looking at the used bin of records.

I stood behind him and was about to scare him, "I know you're there Sweetcheeks." he said not even picking up his head. I sighed and stood next to him, "Ready to go?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded and he took the records and the one book I had out of my hand and put it in the pile of ones he had.

"I'm paying." he said walking over to the counter. "No!" I said, grabbing his arm. He chuckled and dragged me with him to the counter. He pulled out his wallet as the kid rang up the records and one book. "48 dollars and 54 cents." the kid said with a low mumbley tone. Cliff paid and we left.

I walked out in front of Cliff as we walked to the truck. I suddenly was swept off my feet and looked to see Cliff with his arms wrapped around, me dangling in the air. I laughed as he walked towards the truck, "You aren't gonna put me down are you?" I asked.

He chuckled and sat me down in front of the truck and opened the door. "Thank you, you giant!" I said hopping in the truck. He chuckled and went to his side. He hopped in and started the truck and the Bowie tape resumed.

The Man Who Sold The World started playing and started swaying with the song as we drove down the road. I lightly sang as I closed my eyes. I felt Cliff slide his hand on my thigh.

I smiled and scooted closer to him again and turned up the music. We drove home like this.