!47!

"Police! Freeze!" A cop yelled through the window.

Everyone got up and started to run. I freaked out and grabbed my bag and bolted out the other way ditching everyone else. I cared, I just did not want to get caught and they looked like they were just gonna go wherever they wanted.

I ran for about three blocks before I stopped and looked around. I had no idea where I was. From the looks of it, it was one of the quiet middle class neighborhoods. I took a deep breath and started walking down the road to hopefully find a payphone.

I found one about four blocks left from where I had stopped before. I didn't know who to call. I didn't know how to get home or who to call. I sighed and decided to just sit on the sidewalk next to the street post. I got in my bag to see none of my spray paint or any of the beer. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I closed my bag.

I had a camera, about $1.75 in change and the polaroids. I put my face into my hands and sat there under the light post. I heard someone breathing heavily rounding the corner. I looked up and saw Cliff out of breath. I sighed in relief and got up. "Hey." he said breathy as I walked up to him and hugged him.

"Oh thank god you're here!" I said as he put his arms around me. "Why?" he asked, looking down at me. I let go, "Well I have no idea where I am, I'm high and slightly tipsy and I didn't know where anyone was." I said. He chuckled and walked towards the payphone.

"You got any change?" he asked. I nodded at him and grabbed the change in my bag. He put it in and dialed the number. "It's Cliff." He said into the phone. "No I'm ok." he said before looking back to make sure I was there. I giggled as he talked.

"Well I'm high and I've had a couple of beers and me and my friend are lost.", "We're at the corner of Denver and Oliver.", "Thank you, I owe you.", "Ok see ya!" he said, hanging up. "My sister is gonna come and get us." He said walking back over to me. "Ok." I said sitting next to my bag.

He sat next to me. I started to get cold and put my arms together trying to keep warmer. Cliff looked at me before taking off his denim jacket and handed it to me with a smirk. I smiled and put the jacket on. I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked at the stars.

He looked up with me, "Hey that looks like the little dipper." He said pointing somewhere in the sky. I giggled and leaned closer to try and see from where he was. "I see it!" I said pointing.

He chuckled and looked down at me. I looked at him with that stupid smile on my face. He kissed my cheek and looked up to the sky.

I looked up at the road and began to hum London Dungeon. He looked down at me with a smirk. I smiled at him as he started to hummed with me.

We sat there for another 3 minutes probably. A car pulled and rolled down the window. A girl with dark brown hair yelled, "Get in!" at us. I stood up along with Cliff . He walked to the car as I grabbed my bag. He got in the front and I got in the back.

She turned around and stuck her hand out at me, "Hi, I'm this duffus' sister, Connie!". I took her hand and shook, "I'm Ember." I said with a light smile. She turned back towards the front and put the car in gear.

"How'd you even end up lost!" She asked Cliff. She had been asking us both questions for about a minute at this point. "Well the band and her and her friend went to that abandoned warehouse on Summit and we were just fuckin around and a cop show'd up and we all ditched but ended up all going separate ways." He said in a very calm tone.

She looked at me in the mirror and I nodded with a slight smile on my face. She shook her head lightly laughing, "And where's your other friends?" She asked. Me and Cliff looked at each other, neither of us knew. "Uh..." he said, "Not really sure." I said looking at her. "Oh my god." She said, shaking her head again.

"So where am I going?" she asked. Cliff looked at me to see if I knew. "The house is on Haven street and the address is... I think it's 1419. I'm not 100%, we just moved in." I said, rubbing my eyes. She nodded and flipped a bitch.

I leaned my head on the widow and looked as the trees and houses went by. Connie and Cliff began talking about the band. "So is she part of the band?" she asked somewhat, forgetting I could hear her. She turned and looked at me, "Sorry I don't mean that in a mean way I'm just curious." she said.

"No it's ok I get it, but no I'm not part of the band." I said not really wanting to go into full detail of why I was staying with them. She nodded and looked back towards the road.

"Do you have any music?" Cliff asked, looking at her. "Yes but it doesn't matter, we are almost to your house." She said to him. I pointed out the house and she pulled over. "Thanks Connie." Cliff said getting out of the car.

"Thank you!" I said smiling at her as I opened the door. "Of course!" She said before I shut the door. I walked next to Cliff towards the house. "Wait! You forgot your backpack!" Connie yelled from the car.

"I'll get it." Cliff said, turning back. I walked in the house and no one was there. I went to my room and laid on my bed.