!19!

I grabbed the bottle from Cliff before he poured the rest of the goddamn bottle. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I took the bottle to my room with me. I laid down and stared at the ceiling and got lost in my thoughts.

It's weird, I barely know this man and yet it's like I've known him for years. He is so mysterious yet so familiar. Why do I feel this way? I hate him because he's so mysterious but yet that's why I want him all to myself. I've only known him for like three days. What is the confusing feeling? What is going on with me! I want him to stay yet I want him to leave! What the hell is wrong with me! I want to know everything about this man yet he won't tell me anything. He knows he's doing it too! He's just out of my reach and he wants it that way. But then why is he so nice? He threatened to kill someone, he went and helped me get all of my shit, he laid with me when I was terrified! But are all of these acts just common acts of being a gentleman. I mean hell I never knew gentleness at all as a kid. My parents were always fighting, then they split and my mom chose the worst men possible, and my dad was off doing his own thing. I was all by myself trying to figure out what the hell I was doing. Is he just a mysterious gentleman or is he a tease? Why the hell am I thinking about this so much?

"EARTH THE EMBER!" Lars yelled standing above me. "Huh?", "What were you so lost in your mind about?", "Just my feelings I guess.". He sat down next to me on the bed. "And what are those feelings? I kinda hate making you talk but you know I'm here. I trust you'll talk to me when you want. So do you want to talk about it?" he asked, looking at me.

"Well I wanna talk about it but at the same time I don't know how to put it into words without sounding crazy." I said putting my head on his shoulder. "Is it Cliff?" He asked, smiling at me. I looked at him, I don't know if I want to tell him yet.

"Uuh... Well yes but no... My head is just scrambled because of the whole Chris and Dave things. I don't know what took over me when Dave did that in the bar and it scared the shit out of me. And well the Chris thing you know about. I just don't want to hurt anyone. And as for Cliff, well. I don't know. He's so mysterious and yet so familiar. And me not knowing anything but wanting to know everything about him makes me mad but yet so... I don't know, attracted? Plus I've only known him for like what? THREE DAYS! I'm just kinda lost right now... Also if you say anything to anyone I can say without a doubt you'll end up like Dave." I said, smiling at me at the end.

He lightly laughed and put his head down with a smile plastered on his face. "Well I know this is rather vague but you should follow your gut. Do you think he's good for you... I did not like how that sounded coming out of my mouth... You know what. I'd talk to Taryn, you girls are better with men stuff and I hate how it comes out of my mouth. Buuuut I will talk to Cliff. WITHOUT TELLING HIM! I've already asked like 700 million times so he won't know shit!" He said putting his head on mine.

"I know you're not the best at these things but thank you for trying. I mean this in a totally platonic way but I love you man." I said as we sat there with our heads together. "I love you too, Em." he said. We sat there for a minute before Lars got up.

"We're gonna watch a movie, are you coming?" He asked, holding out his hand. I took his hand and we walked to the living room. "Wait! I'm gonna grab my blanket. Don't start it without me." I said as I ran back to grab it. I came back and sat on the floor. "Is the floor comfy?" Cliff asked with that smug smirk.

"Why yes it is Mr. Button!" I said leaning against the couch. He chuckled and Lars started the movie. "Oh we're watching this! Hells yeah!" I said leaning back into the couch. "I've never seen this." Lars said James nodding. "WHAT! This movie is amazing! It's so intense!" I said looking at James.

"I had it in my truck and they hadn't seen it so I said we should watch it." Cliff said. "I love Johnny Got His Gun!", "It's a classic." Cliff said. The movie started and we all watched.

We were about half way through the movie and I felt my eyes get heavy. I let them close and I fell asleep.

I woke up in Cliff's arms. He was carrying me. "Go back to sleep." he said, laying me in my bed. I let my body go limp and I fell asleep as he stood in the doorway. "Goodnight." He said shutting the door.