!48!

I walked back to the car as Ember went inside. "I didn't want to ask and make things uncomfortable but is she your girlfriend?" Connie asked with a big smile. I took the backpack and put it on. "No." I said. Saying that kinda hurts. I wanted her to be but I haven't done it yet. She might not even like me.

"You got a crush on her!" Connie said. I rolled my eyes but felt my cheeks get hot. She laughed as I rolled my eyes. "Well be safe and let me know when you get the balls to ask her. She seems like a sweet girl." she said as I started walking off. "Will do." I said as she rolled up the window.

I walked in to see no one, I looked around for Ember and found her lying in her bed almost passed out. I chuckled and sat by her on the bed. "Good night." I said moving the little bit of hair out of her face. "night." she said lightly as she curled up in the bed.

I got up and walked out slowly shutting the door. I sat on the couch and decided to wait for everyone. I watched tv for about 30 minutes before someone came through the door. I turned and saw Natalya, Lars and Kirk. No James.

"Where's james?" I asked, getting up now. "Uh.. I don't know?" Lars said Natalya and Kirk agreed with him. "Where's Ember?" Natalya asked, looking around. "She's in her room asleep. We got a ride from my sister." I said, grabbing the Doritos off the counter.

"So no one knows where James is?" I asked, looking around. "Nope." Lars said. I sighed and put down the Doritos and walked to the door. "I'll go find him." I said grabbing my keys and walking out the door.

I walked to my truck and started it. Of course it was James that was lost. I backed out and headed to the warehouse.

I made it to the warehouse and saw no more cops. I parked and walked to the fence. I heard some shuffling inside and decided to go as it might be James. I got in to see James walking around like he was looking for something.

"James!" I said walking over to him. He smiled when he saw me, "Oh that god!" he said, grabbing my hand and giving me a hug. "Got lost?" I asked with a smile. He nodded and we walked to my truck. He seemed sobered up but not all the way.

We drove back in silence until, "So when are you gonna ask Ember out?" James asked with a smile. I sighed and shrugged. I knew that I wanted to when we hang out but didn't know if it was too soon. "Well I think you should just do it." he said, turning towards the window.

It was silent except for James laughing at people every once in a while. We made it home and Kirk and Nat were asleep on the couch and Lars was laying on the floor passed out. James laughed and went to his room.

I opened Ember's door a little and saw her still curled up in a ball. She had an almost worried look on her face though. I was about to shut the door when she shot up in bed. Her breathing was fast and she was frantic.

I walked in and sat by her, "Hey it's ok. Nothings gonna hurt you." I said, rubbing her back. She wrapped her arms around me and I felt tears on my shirt. I could hear her fast breathing. I held her tightly and tried to calm her.

She dug her head into my neck still crying but not like she was. I rubbed her back as she loosened her grip on me. "You need to go back to sleep." I said to her, she looked at me with tear stains on her face and nodded. I went to lay her down but she held onto me, "stay" she said lightly, looking at me tears threatening to pour over.

I smiled and laid down next to her. She laid her head on my chest and wrapped her leg around me. I held her tightly drawing a figure 8 on her back lightly. Her breathing became soft and her body loosened.

"Goodnight Gorgeous." I said, closing my eyes. I slowly drifted to sleep with her in my arms.