!7!

"Hello?" he asked. "Hey, it's Ember. You have anything I could get high or drunk with. I'll pay you back." I said. "Actually yeah. Me and Cliff are smoking right now so just come over." He said.

I didn't know who Cliff was but I told him I'd be over there soon. "Lars I'm gonna go hangout with someone. I'll see you either tonight or tomorrow." I said to him, he nodded and I ran up the stairs to get my bag.

I put one of my chewed up picks, a lighter, and a set of clothes. I headed out the door and to James' house.

It was about a 15 minute walk. I got to his house and knocked on the door. I heard someone get up and go to the door. "Hey?" the tall auburn hair man from the other night. "Um hey. Is James home?" I asked looking him in the eyes.

"COME ON IN EMBER!" He yelled from the living room. The man moved out of the way and I walked in. The room was already quite smoky. I sat on the couch next to James' chair. The other man grabbed a plate off the counter and sat next to me.

He had a grinder and paper on the tray. He pulled a jar of weed out of his denim jacket. Everytime I have seen this man he's wearing that damn jacket. "Hey James you got any Misfits albums?" the man asked.

James nodded and got up and disappeared into his room. The man turned back to wrapping. "You like Misfits?" I asked. "Indeed I do, Ember." He said not looking up once.

"First, don't say my name like that, it's too formal, and second the Misfits are awesome. I've seen them live three times." I said taking my bag off my shoulder.

"Oh I'm sorry, Emmy, there better?" He asked, looking at me. "Nope, it's worse mystery man." I said pulling out my pick and chewing on it. "Mystery man? That sounds cool, Emmy." He said finishing one and starting another.

A record started playing, but not Misfits. "Hey sorry I forgot that she got the live album from the concert we went to. I got Thin Lizzy tho." James said, sitting down. He nodded while wrapping.

James turned to me, "When you called you sounded different. What happened?". "Chris." was all I said and James' face turned. "What did he do?" He asked, seeming angy.

"It's handled. He got arrested. They said he won't get out for about two months, but probably life if he actually killed my mom." I said looking at my chewed pick. Mystery man's head turned to me at that. "Shit." James said, leaning back in his chair.

"Shit! I forgot a fuckin' lighter!" Mystery man said, feeling his pockets. "I don't got one." James said. I dug in my bag and pulled out my lighter. "Playboy?" Mystery man asked with sarcasm.

"Well you don't have one do you mystery man?" I said looking at him with a smile. He chuckled and handed me the blunt. I lit the blunt and took a drag. I looked at him and handed the joint to James.

James seemed to be confused with what was happening with me and this man but didn't ask. We kept eye contact till James handed me the blunt. I took a drag and handed it to Cliff as I held it in.

I slowly exhaled the smoke. "You guys want a beer?" James asked. Cliff nodded, handing me the blunt. "You got Whiskey?" I asked before taking a hit. He nodded and went to the kitchen. "Whiskey?" Mystery man asked.

"Yes Mystery man. Also what is your name?" I asked, looking at him as I passed the blunt. "Cliff, Cliff Burton." He said, taking it. I looked at him and smiled. "Ok Cliff, Cliff Button." I said turning towards James who had a bottle of Seagrams 7.

"It's cheap but it's 80 proof." He said handing me the bottle and trading Cliff one of the beers for the blunt. "It's Burton. Not Button." Cliff said looking at me and he cracked open the bottle. "Ok Mr. Button." I said taking a drink of the the whiskey.