!34!

"Do you really mean it?" she asked seemingly worried I wouldn't mean it. I held her face rubbing her cheek, "Of course I do! I love you Ember." I said, kissing her soft lips.

She tightly wrapped her arms around putting her head on my shoulder. "I love you too Cliff Burton." she lightly said into my ears. Her hot breath on my skin sent shivers down my spine. I put my arms around her holding her close to me.

Her breathing slowed down and I knew she was asleep. I laid there with her in my arms as I stared at the ceiling. Did she mean it? Of course I meant it. This woman was like no one I have ever met. From the second time I saw her I knew she was special. Not the first only because she was running for her life.

I looked at her head which was buried into my neck. I smiled as she laid there, she looked so beautiful. I sighed knowing that eventually I would either have to wake her up so she could get dressed or do it myself. I laid there telling myself I'll wait one more minute.

I sighed and carefully rolled her off of me. I got up and put on everything but my shirt and jacket. I heard shuffling and turned around. She sat in the bed rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing?" She asked, looking at me with half closed eyes.

"I'm putting my clothes on." I said, grabbing my jacket and shirt. She got up and grabbed her shorts, putting them on. She looked drained, "Go lay down and go to sleep." I said walking over to her.

She looked at me. I walked over to her and picked her up, putting her on the bed. "I said, lay down." I said, kissing her head. "I'll lay down but at least give me my clothes." She said looking at me with a smile. I nodded and grabbed her bra but couldn't find her shirt.

I handed her the bra and went back to looking for her shirt. "fuck." I mumbled as I got off the floor from looking under the bed. I grabbed my shirt and jacket. "You can wear my shirt, I can't find yours." I said, turning around to see her all cuddled into a little ball on the bed.

I smiled as I walked over and laid down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. I laid there with her in my arms slowly falling asleep.

"COPS!" Someone yelled from outside the door waking me up. I realized what was said sat up. "Shit!" I said getting up fast. Ember sat up confused. I helped her put the shirt on her head and handed her her shoes.

I opened the window before running back and picking her up. I somehow climbed out the window with her in my arms. "Stop!" A loud voice yelled but I kept running. I made it about a block with her still in my arms.

I stopped and put her down before crouching. "Holy shit." She said rubbing my back threw my jacket. I stood up and took a deep breath. "Are you ok?" I asked moving her hair out of her face.

"Me? You just sprinted a whole block! And you're asking ME if I'M ok?" she was in utter shock. "Yes I am." I said, smiling at her. She rolled her eyes while smiling. "Now, let's go find my truck." I said grabbing her hand and walking back calmly from where I knew my truck was.

"You don't have to drag me." She said standing next to me. I smiled down at her before booty bumping her. She looked up at me before doing it back. I picked her up bridal style and stopped walking. "Did you mean it?" I asked, looking at her.

"Mean what?", "That you love me.". I stared into her eyes as she smiled, "Yes I do! I love you Clifford Lee Burton.". I felt my heart flutter as I surely turned a shade of pink. "I love you too Ember." I said before kissing her.

I broke the kiss and let her out of my arms. She grabbed my hand and I twirled her around under the street light before we started walking back to my truck. The whole time I felt a silly smile plastered on my face.