!30!

"Let's go eat!" Lars complained. "Shut up! We are going! You act like you're 5!" I said, rolling my eyes. He huffed at me and I flipped him off. "There's this diner down the road." Cliff said, pulling out one of his cigarettes and lighting it. We all agreed and got in the normal vehicles.

I, as always, dug in his tapes. He started driving down the road and I found, L.A. Woman by the Doors at the bottom. "You like the doors?" I asked, putting it in. "It was my first tape. My sister Conie gave it to me for my 12th birthday." He said as I skipped to the second song on the tape.

"I love the Doors. They have this sound that makes my heart feel whole. This was also one of my dads favorite bands, the Doors and Fleetwood Mac." I said as Love Her Madly began to play. Cliff nodded as he turned down a random road.

The truck started dinging as the fuel light flashed. "Shit!" he said looking down the road. He pulled the truck over James behind him. "I ran out of gas! Cliff said getting out to go talk to James. I got out and followed only going to Lars' window.

"There's a gas station up the road. I got a tank in the back of my truck." Cliff said, walking to the bed of his truck. He pulled out the tank and handed it to James along with a 10. "Here," he said to James. Cliff came over to the sidewalk and James drove off.

"Welp, we're stuck here for probably an hour. Those numbnuts might even just leave us." I said sitting on the curb. He shrugged. The sun beat down on me. I looked up only to put my hand over my eyes. "Fuck it's bright! Times like this I miss Seattle." I said looking down.

"Seattle?" he asked, sitting next to me. "Oh I was born in Seattle. I moved at like 13 cuz my parents split. They still both moved to Cali. Just not the same parts.", I said looking at him, "It's very rainy there and cooler. I'm not big on heat or sun. For one I burn and for two I've had a heat stroke last year and almost every year I get heat exhaustion. Tho it didn't happen last year.".

"Wow! You still live here?" He asked. "I would move but I don't have enough money and then I'd be leaving, Lars' parents, the band and Taryn. You guys are like my family. Torben and Lone are like the parents I never got." I said looking down.

It's sad to think I can't even count my mother and her family as family, or my dads family. They all hate me. "I'm sorry." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's not all bad. At least I have some people. I know people who don't have anyone. Plus you guys are the best, why would I want anyone else. Both sides of my family are self absorbed assholes." I said, smiling at him. He nodded. I laid my back on the sidewalk.

We sat there and talked for about 10 minutes. James pulled up and handed him the gas tank. "Emberrrrrr." Lars said with a smile. "Yes?" I asked. "You and Cliff should just get it over with and date or fuck. Whatever you want you know." Lars said.

I went to say something but he stopped me, "The way he was looking at you just now. It looked like you guys were a couple." he said with a shit eating grin. "Let's go Em!" Cliff yelled getting in the truck.

I ran back over to the truck and hopped in. We drove a little ways down the road and made it to the diner. We all walked inside, "Go ahead and sit wherever! I'll be right with you!" a waitress said go to the kitchen.

Lars practically ran to a booth. I rolled my eyes as James sat next to him. "So when are you two gonna come out?" I asked as I sat down. "Oh fock you!" Lars said. James just rolled his eyes.

Cliff sat down next to me and put his arms around the top part of the booth. (Idk how else to explain what I was going for). "When are you two gonna date?" Lars said with an attitude.

I reached over and smacked him. "OW!" he yelled. "Hello I'm Kylie, I'll be serving you today! What can I get you started to drink?" she asked, taking out a notepad and giving us menus. "You guys got beer?" James asked. "Just look at the menus!" I said to him, "Can I have a Budweiser?" Cliff said as she wrote down beer for James and Lars.

"And you you Ma'am?" She said, looking at me. "I'll take the raspberry lemonade." I said, smiling at her. She nodded and walked off.

We all looked at the menu as we waited. "Here's those heinekens and the Budweiser. The raspberry lemonade!" She said, "Do we need more time or are you guys ready to order. "Ready! I'll have the double bacon cheeseburger with fries!" Lars said. "I'll have the same thing." James said. "Same for me." Cliff said.

She wrote that down and looked at me. "I'll take the jalapeno swiss burger but I only want the cheese and jalapenos. None of the mayo or onions please." I said handing her all of the menus. She nodded and walked off.