!53!

"What do you mean? Why did I tell him off?" Cliff asked, taking his eyes off the road for a moment before looking back. "No! I'm glad you did that!... But you said... Her boyfriend as if we are dating... I'm not saying that's bad but I just want to know why you said that... I mean you could have said a million other things but you chose that..." I said looking up at him.

His face had the emotions of confusion and the littlest amount of sorrow. I just looked at him trying to find the answer he had come up with but hadn't said yet. "I'm not all that sure... It just kinda came out... I'm sorry if I made you feel-" Cliff said before I cut him off, "No! Don't be sorry! I didn't not like it... I just wanted to know why you said it." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

I felt that stupid smile that never seemed to leave my face when I'm around him grow. I saw him looking at me through the rearview mirror. I closed my eyes and listened to the music and the sound of the road.

It wasn't until after Hey Joe that I picked up my head and started looking for a new album. I picked up Master of Reality by Black Sabbath and put it in. The iconic coughing began and I saw Cliff look at me. "Alright now!" I sang before putting my legs on the part on the bench seat that wasn't being used.

I leaned my head on Cliff's shoulder and looked at him. He glanced down at me a couple times as the song continued on. I closed my eyes and started to relax. I always felt so calm around Cliff. His presence always took the edge off me. I felt so myself around him.

I opened my eyes as the truck stopped. I looked out the windshield to see a gas station. I looked over at Cliff with a confused look. "I thought we should grab some stuff mainly so the others don't totally die without anything to drink." he said opening the door. "Let them die." I mumbled sarcastically.

He chuckled as I got out following him. I didn't actually mean it. I loved the rest of them like my family. It's just that today was supposed to be just me and Cliff but neither of us could say no to them because they would just show up anyways. They never know when to leave someone alone. It's not necessarily their fault but sometimes I want to do things without them.

We walked in and the clerk greeted us. Cliff waved at him and went to the beer cooler. I walked over and grabbed 6 waters before walking over to Cliff. "What kind?" Cliff asked, leaning towards me. "Heineken." I said walking towards the counter.

I heard Cliff's footsteps behind me. I sat the waters on the counter and Cliff sat down the beer and pulled out his wallet. "I also need a pack of red Pall Malls." Cliff said. It's probably a good thing the clerk was ID'ing Cliff and not me. It's still about 4 months till I turn 21.

The clerk oked his ID and Cliff gave him the money. "Hey aren't you the bassist for Agents of Misfortune?" The clerk asked, pointing at Cliff. "I was. I'm in this band called Metallica now. We have a gig tomorrow at Slivers of Silver, you should come see us." Cliff said, putting his wallet away.

"Hell yeah!" the clerk said. Cliff took the pen that was on the counter and the notepad by the register and wrote the address. The clerk thanked him and we left. "We have about 5 minutes left of the drive." Cliff said as he started to back out.

I leaned my head on him again as the album continued. "Watch this!" I said sitting up and looking at him. He glanced at me trying to focus on the road. "I'M GONNA KICK YOU IN THE NUTS YOU SICK BASTARD!" I yelled trying to sound like James on stage.

Clif started laughing while glancing from the road to me multiple times. "Oh yeah? This is how Lars was talking about Dave when they kicked him out. Yah man we kicked his focking ass out! He was a focking drunk!" Cliff said, sounding a little like Lars.

"Oh honey! I can do ten times better than that! Yah man! I'm just a stupid focking hobbit! WHAAAAAT!" I said, sounding like Lars. Cliff just looked at me. I pointed to the road and he looked back, "How'd you do that?". "Me and Lars have been friends since 81. I have basically lived with him and his parents since then." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

He nodded and I looked out the window to see the beach.