!5!

After Lars and I went to the record store. We walked in and Rob was behind the counter. "Hey Rob!" I said walking to the rock section. He nodded.

I turned around and bumped into this girl. She looked familiar. "Ember?" she said standing up. "Taryn!" I said pulling her in for a hug.

Taryn (the girl in the pic is Grace Van Dien)

"It's been a minute." I said letting go. A man about Lars' height and black curly hair stood behind her. "Yeah it has." She said, I looked at the man as he looked at the records.

"Oh this is my boyfriend Kirk." she said, dragging Kirk over. I stuck out my hand and he shook it. She looked at Lars behind me. "This is the little Danish gremlin Lars. He's my friend and right now I'm staying with him." I said slightly over sharing.

But Taryn was my only friend at school. I was a year older than Lars and he wasn't even in the country when I was in school. I had just graduated from high school when he came. She was like my best friend but after school we didn't talk.

Lars hit me in the head.  "Nice to meet you Lars." she said smiling. "Here let me give you my number and maybe we can hangout sometime." She said, pulling a sharpie out of her purse.

I held out my arm and she wrote her number. "Thanks." I said after she was done. "Well nice seeing you we have to go now." she said, practically dragging Kirk out of the store.

I grabbed some Misfits, Led Zeppelin and Bob Seger albums. I had Rob take it out of my check. We walked back to Lars' house.

When we got home Torben was at the door waiting for us at the door. "The man called back and said you guys and move in as soon as tomorrow." He said hugging his son then me. It felt nice to have a hug from someone who was like a father to me.

Lars ran to the phone to tell James but not Dave. Lars told me about a talk he wanted to have with James about Dave. I didn't like Dave for obvious reasons. After Lars told his dad he was gonna start packing and ran up stairs.

I sat and talked to Lone about how I would make sure we came to see them. I called Taryn after her. "Hello?" She answered. "Hey it's me Ember". "Oh hey whatcha up to?". "Well Lars just found out that us and the band got a house in Castro Valley and is upstairs packing." I said.

She paused for a moment, "Well that's cool. You know me and Kirk live in Castro. Maybe we can show you guys around.". "That'd be cool. Well I gotta go, I just called to make sure it was your number.". "Ok bye!" She said hanging up.

I ran up stairs to see Lars shoving stuff in bags. "Let me do your clothes. You go find cardboard boxes and a few trash bags." I said taking them from his hands. He ran down stairs slamming the door behind him. "Damn he's energetic." I said putting the clothes back on hangers.

Lars left to go find boxes and Lone brang up some trash bags. I started packing his clothes into the trash bags with the hanger still on them. While I wait for him to come back I used the extra trash bag I had to clean up.

The phone rang and someone answered. "EMBER!" Lone yelled. I ran down the stairs and took the phone. "Hello?" I asked, leaning against the wall. "Hey, it's that guy that Lars' band wants as their bassist. Your his girl right?" He said.

"Me and Lars aren't dating and yeah I'm his friend. Why?", "Well I wanted to know if he found a place close to here. I like their band.". "Actually we did. It has three rooms and it's on Haven street." I said.

"Awesome! Well when he gets back tell him I 100% in. Also I never got your name." He said. You could almost tell this man was smiling behind his phone . "Ember." I said, smiling at this man's charm. "Well nice talkin to you Ember." He said. I was about to ask him his name but he hung up.

I smiled at the phone knowing this man wanted to remain mysterious to me. I put the phone back on the wall when Lars and Torben came in with tons of boxes. "Finally!" I said taking the ones out of Torben's hands.

We carried them upstairs and Lars built them and I packed them. We got about half way through Master of Reality before James barged in the door. "Shit you really want to leave." He said kicking an empty box.

"We'll go home and get packing. The person my dad bought it off of said we can move in tomorrow. I'm going over there tomorrow to get the keys." Lars said, taping the last box. I was packing his magazine collection. "You'll want to get your magazines forwarded to the house so Lone doesn't have a heart attack." I said putting the last of them away.

Lars chuckled and nodded. The only things left were Lars' drums, posters and vinyl player and vinyls."I think you got it from here. James, do I need to help you?" I asked, getting up. "Hell no! Besides, I don't have all that much anyways.".

I nodded and sat on Lars' stripped bed. "OH YEAH! That guy called and asked about finding a house. I told him we did and he said he's 100% in." I said looking down at Lars. "HELL YEAH!" He yelled jumping up and down.

"We really need to talk about Dave tho." James said more seriously.

Bar guy pov

I called that short guy because I really need out of this band. "Hello?" A woman answered. "Hi, is Lars around?". "No, he went to get something. I can have his friend get your message to him." She said, "That would be great.", I heard her yell something and then passed the phone.

"Hello?" A sweet voice said. It was that girl. I think Lars and her are dating. "Hey, it's that guy that Lars' band wants as their bassist. You're his girl right?" I said. "Me and Lars aren't dating and yeah I'm his friend. Why?" She said, giving me a slight attitude. That was kinda cute.

"Well I wanted to know if he found a place close to here. I like their band.", "Actually we did. It has three rooms and it's on Haven street.". This girl was quite mysterious to me. I mean other than after the bar the only other time I saw her was when she was what looked like running for her life.

"Awesome! Well when he gets back tell him I 100% in. Also I never got your name.". I found myself smiling when I said that. "Ember." She said in a brighter tone than before. "Well nice talkin to you Ember." I said and hanging up the phone.

I don't think she knows my name and I'm ok with.